46

My and Yusha’s combined attack hit Arsha’s party.

“Charge!”

“… It’s time. We move now, alright?”

“Got it. Shield.”

The two tanks come out from behind Arsha and put up a barrier. That’s to be expected. The rest will depend on… firepower!

The moment our fireballs hit the barriers, the first one shatters. But… we couldn’t do any damage as the second one blocked it.

“Guh… I’m sorry!” I say.

“Just a little more…” Yusha says.

We were showing regret on our faces but the other party remains emotionless from the start to finish. Seriously… this is such a cold party.

“That’s unfortunate…” Arsha said. “But why did you let one shatter?”

“Haa?! What are you saying?!”

“I’m not good at the Shield spell!”

It seems like our opponents aren’t on good terms… I couldn’t hear their conversations from the observation room but it seemed they were always like this. I thought they didn’t have a friendly atmosphere, but I didn’t realize it was this bad…

“Hira, Shilde, continue to defend,” I said. “Yusha, prepare an emergency barrier just in case.”

“Yeah!” “Ouu!” “Roger!”

Great… everyone’s fighting spirits are back. I wonder if they were able to resist Arsha’s verbal attack.

“I don’t want to reveal my hand but… my opponent is the daughter of a Legendary Hero,” Arsha said. “I’ll take you seriously…”

Her expression dramatically changes. Something is coming!

“Imbue with Incinerate and Boost…” Arsha said. “Firing!”

An arrow strengthened by both spells flies off. She can use multi-magic arrows?! I didn’t see her use these until the semi-finals…

“Shilde!”

“I’ve got this! Shield!”

Shilde puts up her left arm and the physical shield there expands into an even larger magical barrier. Hira’s Boost should have given her a considerable amount of defense… but…

“Gaah… what is this?!”

The moment the arrow impacted, the barrier began to crack.

“Yusha, another Shield!”

“Yeah! Shield!”

“Shit… I’ll leave it to you!”

Shilde’s barrier collapses. Yusha blocks the Incinerate Arrow, still flying at full strength. As expected, Yusha stands proud and firm. But that attack was pretty powerful, are we going to last long against this? We wouldn’t be struggling if we could use Sacred Magic…

“Hira, please give me a Boost!” I said.

“Roger!” Hira said.

Now that I’m sure Yusha’s Shield can stop Arsha’s arrows, it’s my turn. I made myself inconspicuous so no matter what happens, no one will suspect me of being the Demon King’s Daughter. But… if we don’t win here, I’m going to regret holding back for the rest of my life. So… I’ve got no choice but to make a stand!

“Everyone… buy me some time?” I asked. “Just trust me.”

“Aah?” Shilde groans. “What are you saying? I said I’d trust you from the start, didn’t I?”

“I did too!” Lily said. “We’ll get you that time, Lily!”

“I—I’l try my best! So… go ahead!” Hira said.

Everyone… thank you!

“Inferno…”

This magic is Inferno, high-level fire magic in the Human World. If I could use Demon World Magic, I could fire higher level spells in an instant, but I need time to cast it as I wasn’t that familiar with Human Magic. So… I’m counting on you, everyone!

“Something is coming,” Arsha said. “Attack.”

“… Are you ordering me around?”

The enemy team’s offense has finally begun to move. Everyone… make it through this somehow!

“Imbue with Incinerate and Boost… firing!”

“Thunder!”

A multi-magic arrow and the lower-magic. Everyone, find some way to stop this… please!

“Shilde, can you charge and block it?” Yusha asked.

“Do you even need to ask?” Shilde said.

“I’ll help you out a little!” Hira said.

“Ready, set: Shield!”

Three barriers come up together with the same amount of energy. If we survive this, we can win… everyone, I’m counting on you!