17 || DO I

The Tommy and Dream now duel would take place on a part of the prime path that went right over a tiny lake. They had scheduled the time for around 10 in the morning, so we had all gotten up early to spend as much time with each other in case the worst happened.

Tommy was very quiet, probably nervous. Well, why wouldn't he be? He's risking his life in this bow duel, and he won't come back this time if he dies. Well, he could come back as a ghost, but I didn't really believe rumours around those things.

After some really awkward bonding time with everyone, some went off to do their own things, and by some, I mean everyone except Fundy and me. I don't believe he's realized that everyone has left already because all his focus is on the book he was reading. "Hey North," he says, finally looking up from his book. "Well, do these powers in the book have any relation to yours? They seem somewhat familiar?" He asks, showing me the book. I peeked at the book, skimming over the lines looking for keywords.

These powers are given to people who are specifically chosen, destined for something. These very limited people could be granted control of one of the four elements, fire, water, air, or earth. Being granted one of these powers gives you the ability to manipulate that element.

I stare at the book puzzled. It did really sound like the book was referring to her powers, given that I had the airpower. I looked at the rest of the page, seeing that a part of it takes about how these people triggered their powers through arm movement, which is exactly how her powers were triggered. There was no way that this book was not related to her powers. " Where did you find this book Fundy?" I ask him. " I got it from my dad, Wilbur, who said he got it from his dad, my grandfather." He tells me, looking back at the hot dog van. "You can keep the book, I don't see how it can be much use to me anyway," he says, standing up and grabbing his satchel. "Really?" I look up at the half fox man with surprised eyes. "Yeah, just keep it in good condition, don't lose it!" he says, rubbing the back of his neck. I open the book again to start reading to see if I can discover anything new and cool about my powers.

Each power has different attributes to it, as well as they all, have certain weaknesses to them that pass on to the carrier.

My eyes skip over the other paragraphs to find information on my power, the airpower. The section on air is decently long.

Air manipulation is considered the most powerful elemental power, as it can tame the other elements as well as do many other things. As much as the air gift is powerful, the weakness that becomes associated with the person with the gift is they do not do well with explosives. They damage the gift wielder three times more than the average person.

Yikes, mental note to self, stay as far away from explosions as possible. It probably wouldn't be too hard to avoid after this war anyway, so she wouldn't need to worry about that. I flipped the page and started to read some of that as well. Most of the information on this page was about damage and lives.

Other than the listed weaknesses on the previous page, the people with these powers have a reasonably high pain tolerance and are practically immune to tiny things.

If the gift holder is willing, they are able to revive a person if they are within 5 minutes of their death. To revive the person, they must give up their powers in exchange for a life. To perform the act of exchanging powers to revive a person, the gift holder must place their hand right above the heart while the person being revived lays on their back. Then, the gift holder must transfer all their power to the heart, then, if done correctly, the person should have gained one heart. Side effects may include mem-