21 || INDEPENDENCE

Tommy POV
"You've done WHAT?" Wilbur asks, very confused. "I gave him the disc in exchange for L'Manburg's independence Wilbur," I say to him. "Tommy Innit my right-hand man! My Vice President!" He joyfully yells, putting his arm over my shoulders.

I looked at the brunette and he had the brightest smile on his face. "We gotta go tell the others! We have independence, Tommy!" Wilbur announces. We quickly walk to L'Manburg, chatting happily the whole way there, making plans for the future. Soon enough, we had reached the walls of our nation.

"All citizens of L'Manburg, gather outside the htodog van!" Wilbur booms, cupping his hands over his mouth to help project his voice. Slowly, all the citizens had gathered together, almost all looking sad or tired. "Wil, we need to still pack, what do you need," Jack says.

"No need for any packing or moving of belongings of people guys!" Everyone stared at me and Wilbur with confused expressions. "I have secured our independence everyone! No need to thank me!" I boom proudly, but everyone just stares.

"What's going on guys?" I hear North ask as she comes out from the cabin. "I'm glad you've asked north! I had given Dream my discs in exchange for our independence!" I share. "Your discs?" Fundy asks. "As in like your disc discs? Like mellohi and cat discs?" I look at Fundy with an annoyed expression. "No, my other two discs. What do you think! Of course, I'm talking about mellohi and cat you bitch!"

I really didn't need to snap at Fundy like that, but I really wanted to have them acknowledge what I did and praise me for it. "Oh, that's cool of you Tommy. From what I've heard they meant a lot to you," she says.

"Aye, I didn't even notice, North! When did you wake up?" Wilbur says. I glare at Wilbur with a hint of annoyance from how fast they had switched the topic. "Oh yeah, i had woken up a few minutes ago, my heads bothering me a bit but it's fine," she assures. "Oh, well I hope your head feels better soon!" Wilbur says, which earns a smile from the girl. "Thanks, Wil."

"We should write a new Declaration of Independence," I say, desperate to change the topic. "Ooo, that's a good idea!" Niki says, and everyone hums in agreement. "Okay, anyone got a book and quill to write it with?" Wilbur asks, looking around at the group. Fundy nods and pulls out a new leather notebook and a feathered quill.

" Let's do this somewhere memorable and special," Wilbur says, scanning L'Manburg. "How about on top of the van?" Jack suggests. We all agree and make our way up on top of the van.

Once we were all up, Wilbur started writing.

"The decree, of Independence.
As we gaze upon the swaths of redwood trees. The great hills to our south, and the walls that have protected us for years. I, as now president of L'Manburg hereby state."

Then Wilbur pauses for a brief moment, building up anticipation.

"YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! SUCK IT GREEN BOYYYY!" He screams. We all laugh at Wilbur's amazing statement but quiet down quickly to let him continue.

"Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Freedom."

He signs his name and holds out the book and quills to me. "Tommy Innit, will you please accept the position of being the official Vice President of L'Manburg, my right-hand man?" He asks. I gladly snatch the book and quill from his hands. "Fuck yeah!" I say as I writing my name on the line beside Vice President, splattering a tiny bit of ink in the process. I hand the book and quill back to Wilbur and he smiles.

He then turns to Tubbo and holds the book out to him. "Tubbo, will you be my Secretary of State?" Wilbur asks. Tubbo, who wears a confused and curious look on his face takes the book from Wilbur with care and nods his head up and down. He slowly prints out his name onto the paper and hands it back to Wil.

Wilbur has a huge smile on his face then looks over to Fundy, Niki, and Jack. "Everyone, you all helped in L'Manburgs fight for independence, will you all officially become citizens of L'Manburg?" The three cheer as they take the book and pass it around, signing it.

They hand the book back to Wilbur and he inspects it with joy. "We have our independence!" Wilbur cheers, which makes everyone else cheer as well. "We gotta fix the land up guys! Restore it to its former glory!" Jack suggests, to which everyone agrees. Everyone then heads off happily, looking for materials and tools that could be used to fix up the broken nation. I notice Wilbur going to the edge of L'Manburg where Dream and his gang were. I begin to make my way over there but I feel a hand placed on my shoulder. "Cmon big man, Wilbur can handle himself. Plus, we got a lot of repairing to do and need your help Mr. Vice President," Tubbo says to me. I nod to him and turn away from Wil, to our new independent nation.

Holy shit it was a wreck.

I decided that I should probably help the others and run toward and burst into the cabin, looking for any shovels or axes I could use to get materials. But instead, I slam right into a body, which knocks me back a bit. I look up to see North, who looks at me with a confused and worried look on her face. "You good Tommy?" She asks me and I nod my head. She hums as a response. "Hey, do we have any shovels or axes I can use? We are trying to fix up L'Manburg?" I ask her. She nods and heads back into the room. She approaches a double chest and opens it, rummaging through its contents.

I thought to myself for a second. Would north leave now that the battle was over? She really had no reason to be helping us and staying here anymore. As much as I was jealous of her, I had grown to care for her almost as a big sister. She cared for us so much, and I would miss that. I didn't want her to go.

"Hey North?" I start, which causes her to look up from the chest for a moment. "Are you going to leave now that the war is done?" I ask. She pauses and thinks about it for a second. Before she could say anything I add on to what I had said. "You know, we would all like it if you would become an official citizen of L'Manburg North," I say, trying to convince her. She would be a valuable asset and ally in the future if anything were to happen. "I'll think about it Tommy," she says but I push the topic on. "Please North, everyone would miss you so much and we could all have so much fun together now that we have our independence!" I exclaim. "I mean if you want, we could offer you a spot in the governme-" "I'm going to be honest Tommy, I really despise governments. I have never seen a government that actually cares about the people and not just the economic state. I've never seen a government that wasn't corrupt with power-thirsty people. Kind of people that would betray their own just to move up the power pyramid," she states, leaving me dumbfounded and catching me off guard. "North, were not like that! I promise! It's me and Wilbur running this nation. Were not power-thirsty, we care about all the citizens of L'Manburg, their our friends!" I say, trying to prove that we're good to North. She thinks about it for a second, then lets out a heavy sigh. "Fine Tommy, but promise that this government won't go to shit," she says, holding her hand out for me to shake. I slap my hand against hers and grip it. "I promise North." And we shook hands. "Shit woman!" I say, pulling my hand back. "You have a grip like a fucking lion. My poor hand!" I exclaim, to which she lets out a small laugh. "Let's go Tommy," she says, putting an arm over my shoulder, the hand holding a diamond shovel. I take it from her hand and thank her, and we go off to join the others in fixing L'Manburg.

My L'Manburg.

My L'Manburg.

My L'Manburg.

Question Of The Chapter: Who do you kin on the Dream SMP?

Heya Reader! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Sorry, this took so long to come out, I procrastinated so hard and started writing Ranboo angst one-shot just because. Anyways, THANK YOU SO FUCKING MUCH FOR 22k READS HOLY-! Also, I see you guys commenting and I always panic on how to respond. I don't wanna reply in a bad way but I also don't wanna ignore you guys, any advice? I really like talking with you guys, just I am super indecisive.

Please take care of yourself! You are worth it and valid and loved! You are doing amazingly right now and I'm so proud of you! That's all, BYE!