18 || BOOK OF EXPLANATION

3rd Person POV

As North passed out, everyone in L'Manburg went into panic. They had taken the two unconscious members back to L'Manburg trying to figure out what to do now. Tubbo has become very distant after the bow duel, spending most of his time by himself. He was also acting very cold to whoever he interacted with, and we all confused, but just assumed it was because he had almost lost his best friend.

Niki was treating Tommy's arrow wound while Fundy was trying to figure out what the fuck was wrong with North. She was in perfect condition, breathing steady, heart beating at an average speed.

Niki has left the room to probably take a break, leaving Fundy with the two unconscious people. Fundy's eyes darted around the room, looking for something to help his boredom when a certain satchel caught his eye. The satchel had potions threatening to fall out onto the floor, as well as the book he had given her earlier. His head looked from side to side, then walked up to the satchel, the carefully slipped the book out. He sat down back into a seat, the opened the old book. He had flipped to a page where the corner was bent over.

Pain tolerance is very high....explosions for air....water for fire....five minutes....life-giving....transfer powers....pass out...

Hold up. Fundy went back to the beginning of the paragraph and started reading it fully.

If the gift holder is willing, they are able to revive a person if they are within 5 minutes of their death. To revive the person, they must give up their powers in exchange for a life. To perform the act of exchanging powers to revive a person, the gift holder must place their hand right above the heart while the person being revived lays on their back. Then, the gift holder must transfer all their power to the heart, then, if done correctly, the person should have gained one heart. Side effects may include memory loss from either person, passing out from exhaustion, loss of life of gift holder if they were close to death, etc. The gift holder could lose all, or some memory of any moments they used their gift, meaning that memory will be wiped.

But, along with the gift holder losing their powers, their weaknesses will still stick as well as their pain tolerance levels. Anyone that the gift holder had killed with their gift will become a-

"Whatcha got there Fundy?" A voice asks. Fundy slams the book shut and his eyes dart up to see his father standing in front of him. Wilbur raises an eyebrow at the fox hybrid and his eyes fall to the book. He stared at it for a few seconds, then recognized it. "Hey, that's the book that dad gave me!" Wilbur says. "Yeah, well it has a lot of information about powers. To be more specific, elemental powers. I think this book is talking about North's powers. It describes them exactly!" Fundy says, holding the book out to his father to take.

Wilbur takes the book and inspects it. He notices a folded corner marking a page in the book and flips to it. He reads skims through the page, noticing the big ideas that it was talking about. Fundy peeks over his shoulder and points to one of the paragraphs. The section was talking about how to give someone a life. Wilburs eyes go wide as he reads through the paragraph, realizing that it had said that if a gift holder, which he believes meant someone like North, wants to, they can give someone a life in exchange for sacrificing their powers.

North, someone who had just got here a little more than a week ago had supposedly given up her powers just for Tommy, someone she's barely even known for 2 weeks.

"Do you think that's what happened?" Fundy asks his father, putting a finger on the paragraph I was reading. Wilbur turns his head to his son and nods. It was the only information they had that would explain this.

Then, we hear mumbles coming from one of the beds. "Tommy?" Wilbur questions as they look over to the boy who was now rolling around in his bed. He rolled close the end of the bed on his side, the started leaning towards the edge. "Tommy be careful!" Wilbur said but it was too late. The blonde boy fell from the bed, his arms trying to grasp onto anything to stop his fall. He hits the group with a thud, then looks up at the father and son staring down at him. Fundy's mouth slowly starts curving upwards, and he let out a shaking breath trying to contain his laughter before laughing at Tommy. Fundy was clutching his stomach and was bent over, laughing too hard.

Tommy let out a huff of embarrassment before going off at Fundy. "Yeah?! You think that's funny bitch boy?! You think that's funny ?! I fucking died-" Tommy says but slowly goes quiet as he finishes his last sentence.

"Wilbur?"

"Yeah, Tommy?"

"How am I not dead?"

Wilbur stares at his right-hand man, then his eyes travel to the still girl still laying on the bed, then to the book. "Honestly Tommy, I have absolutely no clue how you're still alive, but this book will hopefully explain it all," Wilbur says.

"It's a book of explanation."

Question Of The Chapter: Favourite Technoblade quote?