4 || ARTS AND CRAFTS

I feel hands gripping my shoulders, shaking me awake, as I open my eyes slowly, about to kill whoever decided this was a good idea. I see Tubbo standing above me, giving me a big grin. "Wake up North!" He says excitedly, taking his hands off. "We're giving you a tour of the land today!" I roll off the bed and hit the cold floor. "Oh my gosh, are you okay North?" Tubbo asks, obviously concerned. I turn my head and look at Tubbo. "I'll let this slide, but never wake me up again or else I will murder someone." "Noted."

Last night was one of the worst nights ever. After crashing and getting some rest for about an hour, I had woken up again and was unable to go back to sleep. I had spent most of it thinking to myself and staring up at the ceiling. I had thought once again about how stupid my decisions were, joining a war with a bunch of strangers. Strangely, I felt at home with the.

"North?" Tubbo says. I snap back to reality, realizing that I am still on the floor and that I need to get ready. I get up from my spot on the floor and look Tubbo up and down, seeing that he's wearing the same uniform from yesterday. He sees me staring at his uniform and his eyes light up. "Oh yeah, at some point we got to make you a uniform North," he says. I nod, even though I hate uniforms with a passion, I just want him to leave so I can get ready.

"Well I'll leave you to get ready just be quick, we're supposed to be meeting someone in a few minutes. And with that, Tubbo leaves the house, leaving me alone. I look through my bag for a pair of clothes, and I drag out a top with a pair of pants. I slip it on, then grab a black mask and put it on my face. I grab everything I may need, my sword, bow, a combat axe, some food, then equip them to their respective places. I complete a mental checklist before heading out.

I see Tubbo, Tommy, and Wilbur standing by the entrance of L'Manburg. I jog towards them and spot someone else standing with them. They have ginger hair and a pastel-coloured version of the uniform the others were wearing. When I get to them, I give them all an acknowledging nod, and the stranger introduces themselves. "Hello! I'm Fundy!" He says, holding out a hand. I take his hand and shake it. "North, nice to meet you." "Fundy will be giving you the tour while we take care of some business," Wilbur says, gesturing to him, Tommy and Tubbo. "Okay," I say, and they walk back into L'Manburg into Wilburs hot dog van. Did I mention they have a hotdog van? Well, they have a hot dog van.

I look back at Fundy and he smiles back grabbing my hand and pulling me to the meadow between the wall and a small river. He goes up to a bush and pulls out a bag. He drops it in front of me. "Before we do anything," he says. "Your first challenge is to make a L'Manburg uniform, GO!" He screams, and I just sit there staring at him. He looks at me, unsure of what to do. "GO!" He repeats. I take the bag and look through it. Blue fabric, black fabric, brown buttons, red scarves, and lots of other random stuff. I get an idea and tell Fundy I'll be right back, sprinting back into the cabin and grabbing my bag. I scrummage through it and found what I was looking for, some old fighting clothes I couldn't fit anymore. I run back to Fundy, the fabric waving in the wind. I crash back beside the bag and get to work.

I hold the finished product up in front of me. I had mashed some of my old fighting clothes with the fabric of L'Manburg colours, giving me a uniform easy to fight in, tough, but not completely ugly. "Wow, that was fast North! And it still looks good!" Fundy tells me, admiring my uniform. "We gotta go show the others! Put it on quickly and meet me outside the van." I nod and slip it on over my current clothes, Fundy grabbing my hand right after and pulling me towards the van.

Question Of The Chapter: What is your favourite Dream SMP duo?