19 || ALL I NEED

Tommy POV
Book of explanation? Has Wilbur gone mad? How the fuck does a book explain how I didn't die in that bow duel. I remember everything starting to fade to black when the arrow hit me, as well as the screams. I had heard Tubbo scream my name before everything just went black and when I opened my eyes again, I was in bed, still very alive.  I felt good after waking up as well. The first time I had died, I had felt so shitty after waking up. The second time I had died, I had a massive headache as well as bruises all over my body, making it painful to move.

My mood of still being alive didn't last long as Wilbur told me I had to meet up with Dream to give him my disc today. Apparently he was very surprised I had survived, so sure that he had killed me with his bow and arrow. Nevertheless, L'Manburg wouldn't be getting it independence since I lost the duel. Great, I had let everyone in L'Manburg down.

"Tommy?" I hear a voice call from behind Wilbur and Fundy. I peek around the father and son to see my best friend standing in the doorway. "Tubbo." He charges and tackles me, giving me a hug. "Geez Tubbo, your so clingy," I joke. "I had thought I lost you tommy! Don't scare me like that!" He revealed, breaking the hug. "You'll never lose me Tubbo, we'll always find a way back to each other. Your my best friend," I admit. "Eww cringe," I hear Fundy joked. "Your really getting on my nerves furry," I say glaring at him.

"Tommy, I know you just woke up, but you gotta go meet Dream now," Wilbur says, nudging me out of the building. "I'll walk you just to make sure you get there safe," he adds.

I nod and start heading over to the exit, but taking one more glance at North. Why was she in bed? Was she hurt? How did she get hurt if she was. "Wilbur?" "Yeah Tommy?" Wilbur responds. "Why is north in the bed? Did she get hurt?" I question. "No, she's in good condition, but I'll tell you everything that happened on the way there. Remember to bring your disc for Dream! You have to start packing your stuff to move out of L'Manburg once you get back. The rest of us are already mostly packed." Wilbur states.

Right, the deal. I had forgotten about the stupid deal I had made with Dream. What was I thinking, making a deal I knew I would very much not win. I walk over to a nearby ender chest and pull out the disc that I would have to give to Dream. Cat. I gently place it into my satchel, careful not to do anything that could possibly break the disc.

I look up to see Wilbur waiting for me by the exit to L'Manburg. I wonder what Dream will do with this place after we all move out. He wouldn't destroy it, would he? It was our homes! I reach Wilbur and we start our long walk to Dream.

"So, tell me how the fuck I'm still alive Wilbur." I questioned. He looked at me, then let out a sign. "You won't believe me, and you'll just start asking even more questions," he accuses. "Just tell me Wilbur!" I exclaim. "Okay, okay, geez, North had given up her power in order to save your life. Now she doesn't have her powers anymore." I look at Wilbur with wide eyes and stop dead in my tracks. "REALLY?! She gave up her power for me?!" I ask him, shocked. Had North really given up her POWERS to save me? Why would she do that? We barely know each other.

Before the duel I was always thinking about how jealous I was of her and how I hated her. She did absolutely nothing wrong to me. Fuck, she did everything right honestly, and me being jealous did not help us win this war. I had made a stupid deal dream was fit to win. Trying to prove myself had only almost gotten me killed for good.

I had wanted to be the hero of L'Manburg. The only hero. The hero that everyone would've been jealous of and aspired to be. The hero that North was.

I really needed to redeem myself after all that. What could I do for L'Manburg to help it?

"Tommy, you look troubled, what's on your mind?" Wilbur inquired, glancing at me. "I- um-," i stutter, then take a deep breath. "I wanna prove myself Wilbur, I wanna do something to help L'Manburg, I really do, but every time I have tried, it's just made everything so much worse," I say to the president, who has a blank look on his face. "I wanna be more like North, she's done so much for this country. So much more than I have so far."

Wilbur stops in his tracks and puts his hands in my shoulder, stopping me as well. "Tommy listen, you will never be north, you know why?" He asks me. "Is it because she has much more skill than me?" I ask. "No." "Is it because she has powers?" I ask again. "No." "Is it because she is a woman?" I ask, making Wilbur crack a small smile. "No, it's because your Tommy, not north. You're outgoing, funny, loud, ambitious, caring, brave, loyal and the best right hand man I could ever ask for. There's a reason you're the Vice President Tommy and not anybody else," he tells me. "Thanks Wilbur, I really needed that," I say as he takes his hands off my shoulders. "No problem tommy, now let's not keep Dream waiting hm?" He says and starts to continue the walk to Dream. I nod and follow after him.

He's right, I'm not north, and I never will be. I'm  Tommy Innit and I am the Vice President of L'Manburg as well as Wilbur's right hand man and brother. I am a friend of Tubbo, Fundy, Jack, Niki and the North Warrior. I am the youngest son of Philza Minecraft and a brother of the blood god, Technoblade and the president Wilbur. I am Tommy and I am very pog and swag. That's all I need.

Question Of The Chapter: Who is an underrated character in the lore?