Chapter 25

Two weeks later

Y/n's POV

I slump my body down on the chair as I hear my math teacher ramble about exponents and fractions and a bunch of other stuff. I bite my pencil and I look at the clock. Matt's first football game was today after school & I was looking forward to seeing how he plays. He told me he loved playing football back in his hometown and I want to see what he can do. I smile as I think about how Matt told me he's going to impress me.

Not too long after, the bell rings, making me jump from my chair & i go downstairs. I walk towards the outside of the boys locker room & sit on a bench, scrolling through my phone. I then feel a presence infront of me and there was Matt, already in his uniform. He looked really hot in his uniform if you ask me. I stand up grinning & kiss his soft lips.

He smiles into the kiss & i chuckle as his lips tickled against mine. "Are you excited?" I ask, rubbing my hands together. "Yeah actually, and a bit nervous. I havent played in front of a bunch of people in a long time." He says, running his hand through his hair. "You'll be great. You better show me what you got." I smile & lightly punch his shoulder.

A whistle blows, signaling Matt to get ready. "Oh I will." He winks, as he walks the other way. "Nice butt Espinosa." I exclaim, smirking. He slaps his butt with both hands & then throws them up in the air. I laugh & run towards the bleachers. I sit in the corner, considering I had nowhone to sit next to. Matt's friends were crowded by the middle so I couldn't make my way over them.

I try to find number 81 and I spot Matt, walking towards the field. He fumbles with his helmet, squatting as they all got ready. The whistle blows. A guy hands the ball, transfering it to the one guy in back of him.

-

Its been almost 8 minutes since the third quarter began, and Matt has scored two touchdowns so far. Towards the ending of the third quarter, Matt grabbed the ball & started running, dodging through other bodies, when another boy tackles him down. The crowd ooo'ed and gasped as I stand from the bleachers to take a better glance at Matt. I frown as one of his teammates call timeout. One of the guys pat Matt's back as he walks away, taking off his helmet. I run towards Matt & see him squinting his eyes.

"My knee hurts like fuck." He grunts. He sits down & runs his hand through his hair. I glance over at his knee, which was a bit sore. "You were doing great baby." I say soothingly, making a warm smile appear on his face. I hand him over a bottle of water that I brought from home, which was much colder than the water at the concession stand.

As he gulps down the water, I thought "that uniform really suits him." His hair pushed back, beads of sweat by the sides of his forehead, and his lips looking rosy red and plump. He looked amazing. He hands me the water bottle back as he gulps loudly, licking his lips afterwards. "Thank you princess." He exhales, pecking my lips and jogs towards the field again.

-

It was around the end of the fourth quarter, leaving only two minutes left; the teams were drawing. A guy throws the ball at Matt from a far distance. I stare at the ball, watching it roll in the air, trailing my eyes down as it lands in Matt's hands. I stand up cheering for Matt as I hear Jack Johnson yell from above, "Let's go!" I clap as Matt starts sprinting towards the oppositions goal, gripping the ball. He runs faster than I expected. He shoots the ball and scores. I cheer loudly, the whole crowd on their feet. I see Matt take off his helmet & drop it on the floor as he sees me running towards him.

I run towards him & jump in his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist. I squeal, as he spins me around & looks in my eyes. I attach my lips to his & pull away, seeing him grin widely. His smile is so contagious, I couldn't help but smile back. He puts me down & holds his helmet with his hand. "You did amazing tonight. You really are quite an athlete." I say, chuckling. "Well I mean.." He smirks, sarcastically rolling his eyes.