Chapter 4

Y/n's POV

Im sitting in homeroom as I hear the bell ring. I stand up, grab my bookbag & make my way towards first block. As I was going downstairs , a girl aggresively slams my books.

"Oops." She said acting innocent. "My bad." She walked away slighty giggling. I sighed as I bent down to grab my books & continued walking. As I was walking I kept thinking , "What did I ever do wrong?" "Why me?" When suddenly I felt myself against someones chest & I drop my books again. "I-I'm so sorry." I say. I hate stuttering. "No, I'm sorry. I wasnt looking where was going."

He said grabbing my books & he handed them to me. I looked at him & it was the kid I met in the morning. " Thank you.." I awkwardly say. Damnit Y/n. I notice I crumbled a paper he was holding & I feel a wave of guiltiness shoot through my body. There was a moment of silence when I noticed he had a perfect face structure & his lips looked so soft. I snapped out of it when he broke the silence.

"Im Matthew, Matthew Espinosa. But I'd prefer you calling me Matt." "Uh m-my names Y/n. Y/n Y/l/n." i said adding a slight smile. I was so nervous & I had no idea why. Maybe because I'm not very social with people. "Nice to meet you Y/n." He says nicely. "Uh yea y-you too. Uhm.. I got to go." I say & try to walk away without seeming rude. I was a nervous wreck & I knew Imd begin stuttering even more if I stayed. I made my way to class & as always, I'm the first one here. "Goodmorning, miss Y/l/n." Mr. Robinson greets.

"Goodmorning Mister." I said softly. I scoot over to my seat at the fifth isle (last isle), last seat. Shortly , more people came in the class. I starting playing with my thumbs when I look to my left & noticed Matt. I look at the opposite side hoping he wouldn't notice me. But that was a fail. "Hey Y/n." i look over at Matt & bite my lip. I was so nervous. He is so utterly cute. "Hi Matthew." I say. "Call me Matt instead." He said with a small smile. "Okay." I said giggling a bit. Why did i do that? He must think my laugh is awful.

Matthews POV

I decided to try & get to know her. "Hey Y/n." I said to her. She turned around & she was biting her lip. God, shes so cute when shes nervous. "Eh hi Matthew." She replied kindly. I don't like when people call me Mathew. "Call me Matt instead" i said smiling. "Okay." She said adding a bit of a giggle.

It was adorable. After a moment i ask her "So, what is your next class?" "I have room 809C for next bl-" "Matthew and Y/n." Mr. Robinson said interupting Y/n. "Theres no talking aloud in my class. And you, Y/l/n, I'd expect better from you." I looked at her & she looked down at her desk pretty bummed.

"No Mister , it was my fault. I started talking to her." I exclaimed to Mr. Robinson. "Save it Espinosa." He said & continued his lesson. I sighed & slumped back on my chair. I look over at her & she notices & looks back. "Im sorry." I mouthed to her. "Its okay." She mouthed back to me & she looked the other way. I want to get on her good side & become friends with her.

Y/n's POV

Finally last block ended & i was in the school hallways going to my bus. As im walking, someone trips me making me fall & hit my nose. I touch my nose lightly & i see blood on my fingers. I felt tears welling up in my eyes when I looked up. It was Luis with two other guys. "Your such a dirty bitch." He bluntly said & kicked my stomach. Not once but three times. Each time it was worse & more powerful.

He then left, leaving me there in the ground. I layed there holding my stomach as tight as i could. I was breathing heavily and shutting my eyes tight. I felt like I was going to pass out. I tried getting up. I dont know how i did it but i surprisingly stood up. Right when i got up i took a big inhale and slowly exhaled. I grabbed my bookbag & ran to the bathroom stall. I got toilet paper & held it in my nose. I was bawling my eyes out at this point.

I threw away the paper & ran outside. I missed my bus. I wiped my tears away & started walking home. I was walking in the sidewalk when I noticed someone not too far from me. I held on to my stomach & saw that it was Matt. I tried not let him notice me. So i stayed quiet. That was, until i tripped over a rock. I groaned & started crying. The fall made my stomach feel like it was going to explode. I then hear fast footsteps getting closer. I look up & I see Matt.

Mathew's POV

Im on my way home when I hear someone crying close by. I curiously looked back & see someone on the groud. It was Y/n. i ran as fast as I could & i saw her there crying her eyes out, holding her stomach. "Oh my god." I said while putting my arms around her back & helping her up. When she got up she was about to fall back down so i held her up.

"Matt.." She said ever so lowly. "God, Y/n what happened?" I asked her, frowning. She was trying to hold back her tears. "I tripped.." She managed to get out. I see her suffering & shes holding her stomach really tight. I slowly take her hands off her stomach. "Sorry.." I say under my breath lifting her shirt up a bit not knowing if she is uncomfortable with me doing that. I lift her shirt up slowly & she winced in pain.

I was shocked by what i saw. A purple & blue faded bruise covered the lower part of her stomach. I was about to tear up seeing her like this. I carried her bridal style & asked her where she lived. She tried resisting but I didnt let her. ".. My house is two blocks from here." I followed what she said when she pointed at her house. I told her the door was locked & she gave me a key. I opened it and hurridly put Y/n on the couch.

I layed her down slowly & i made my way to her kitchen & got her some pills to help her that i had in my bookbag and a glass of water. I gave them to her & she took them. "There you go.." I whispered. She put the glass down & stood up, still sitting. "Thank you." She said. I can see in her eyes she was about to break down. I hugged her, trying not hurt her. I felt terrible seeing her hurting. She hugged back. It lasted for about ten seconds. We parted from each other. " Y/n, what happened? Who did this?" I asked her softly

Y/n's POV

Matt handed me a glass of water & pills. I took them & appreciated his kindness. I stood up & put the glass down. "Thank you.." I said to him. I was about to cry when i see him frown & hug me. I wasnt sure at first what to do but i hugged him back. It felt good hugging someone. Having someone be there for me. It lasted for about ten seconds until we let go.

"Y/n what happened? Who did this to you?" He asked me. He looked hurt. I can't tell him the truth.. "Matt I tripped. I appreciate you caring but really it was nothing." I looked at him in the eye & i could tell he knew I was lying. "Okay Y/n. I believe you. Im going to go now. My mom must be worried about where i am." I nodded at him as he headed to the door. " Oh, here." He said while giving me a piece of paper. "Thats my number. Call me whenever your having problems okay? " He stated. I looked at the note then him. "Okay... Thank you." I said sightly smiling. He smiled back & headed out the door.

I look at the note for a while & i go get my phone from my bag. I save his phone number and I head upstairs to my room.

A/N: im trying my best in these and i need to know if their not too bad. Or any advice would be nice too. Thanks for the reads. I love you guys!