Chapter 28

Matt's POV

Did that just happen? I was so caught up in thinking that Y/n was actually gone. What did I do? After everything we've been through to keep this relationship up, she throws it away. It hurts me so much just thinking about how shes not with me. I love her. Ill always love her. Shes my girl... well ..was. I sit against the wall and suddenly feel very lonely. I felt like I had nothing to do, like theres nothing I can do. But I dont want to lose her. She's the best thing thats ever walked into my life. I have to get her back.

I stand on my feet and wipe my tears away. I go outside and many thoughts scrambled in my mind. It was raining like crazy. God, shes probably out there freezing. Where could she have gone? I tried avoiding the thought, but the only thing that ran on my mind was, her house.

I run on the sidewalk, heading towards her house. After about five minutes, I arrived at her house. I try opening the door, but it wouldnt budge. I try going through the window and surprisingly it was open. I land in Y/n's old room. Its been a while since ive been here.. I wonder what happened.

I look through her room, trying to find a sight of Y/n. I hurry to the bathroom door and open it. The door stops halfway, something blocking it from opening. I notice many pills surrounding the floor. I step inside and saw Y/n lying on the floor, unconscious. My breathing got shaky as I get on my knees.

"Y/n.. Y/n baby please answer me. Oh my god, Y/n." I plead, touching her shoulder. No movement. I fumble through my pockets and I take my phone out and call for help. "911, whats your emergency?" "Y-yes u-uh my girlfriend overdosed on p-pills, and shes unconscious. I- .. I nee-" I broke down, unable to finish my sentence. "Okay, we'll send help immediatly. They'll be there as soon as possible." "Please hurry." I sniff.

I hang up and carry Y/n's body, putting her on my lap. "Y/n.. Baby dont do this. Stay with me." I rock back and forth, running my hand through her hair. A tear falls on her cheek as I crouch down. I cry into her chest. "You're going to be okay. I promise. You'll be okay.."

-

"Oh my god, Matt." I hear my mom say. Im currenty sitting at the waiting room, cupping my face. I tap my foot repeatedly, longing for a call from the doctors. "Im so sorry honey." My mom frowns. I turn towards her and hug her tightly. I cry silently as she rubs my back. "She'll be okay. She's strong." My mom says soothingly. Y/n. Thats all that was on my mind. Not one moment passed where her name didnt pop up in my mind.

"Matthew Espinosa?" My head shoots up. I stand up immediatly and wipe my face with my sleeve. I walk towards the doctor by the door. "Is she okay?" I ask, holding back my tears. "She's fine. Luckily she didnt take enough pills for it to cause any damage in her system, although she did lose ability to breath for almost a minute but she is okay. Im sure she'll be very thankful for your help, Matthew." He half smiled.

I sigh lowly at the relief. "Can I please see her?" I raise my eyebrows. "Of course. She's right in that room." He pointed. I look at my mom and signal to her that ill be back. I walk slowly inside the room and see Y/n laying on the hospital bed, with an attachment on her mouth, to help her breath. Tears formed in my eyes.

She was sleeping and looked very pale. Her body was stiff. Almost as if she were... dead. I sit down next to her and rest my hand on her palm. Her hand sent shivers up my arm by her coldness. I rub her hair gently, starting to tear up. "Y/n.. Baby, why?" I sniffed. "I thought I lost you.." I stare at her eyes, peacefully closed; her eyelashes looked longer than usual.

"I love you Y/n.. I dont know what I would do without you. I wouldnt be the person I am today... Please wake up." I cooed as a tear fell down my cheek. I move her hand slightly, hoping she would respond, but it was no use. I slumped my shoulders down as I lay my back on the chair.