twenty-seven

TW: Mentions of suicide, abuse and self harm.

I've been lying in bed for about an hour by myself. Living in a different world of fairytales, enchanted by the worn pages of the book in between my hands. I had woken up at about 9 this morning to have Harry place a kiss on my forehead before saying he was going to be in his office for a bit. I had gotten dressed shortly after because it makes me feel productive. I'm in a tight cropped dark green tank top and some ripped black high waisted mom jeans. My hair is in a loose pony that rests at the nape of my neck, no longer as straight as it was yesterday due to sleeping on it.

Occasionally I get distracted by the faint sounds of music ricocheting of the walls from downstairs.  When I hear a more upbeat sound begin to play I put down my book on the bed and decided to see what the hell the men in this house are getting up to. I slowly walk down the hallway to the stairs. As I get closer to the lower floor the music progressively gets louder.

I follow the music through the entrance of the house down the hallway where Harry's office and the gym are. The gym door is wide open, the smell of sweat pouring out of it. I slowly walk through the doorway and I'm greeted with an interesting sight.

Niall is working out in front of one of the multiple mirrors in the room with a dumbbell in each hand. He's wearing a white muscle shirt which has sweat stains going down the back paired with some bright blue shorts which rest just above his mid thigh mouthing the lyrics to the song that is blaring on the sound system in here. The Way You Make Me Feel by Micheal Jackson. He's really getting into it.

Louis is doing some weighted squats in a secluded part of the gym, continuously glaring at Niall and laughing to himself. Louis is actually smiling. I feel like I should take a picture of it because I'm not sure if I will ever be blessed with the presence of his beautiful smile.

Liam is sitting on the end of the bench press with a towel hanging over his shoulder, taking sips from his water bottle while scrolling through his phone. As entertaining the other boys are, nothing is going to top Harry at this moment.

Harry is wearing the same style of shorts that Niall is wearing but in a yellow color. He's also shirtless, using his shirt as a makeshift headband to keep his mop of hair out of his face I'm assuming. He's jogging on the treadmill but that's not what's so entertaining. It's the fact that he is belting out into song. Like full on singing and dancing on the treadmill. My cheeks hurt from how hard I am smiling right now.

He hops off the treadmill and grabs some dumbbells before joining Niall in front of the mirror. All the while he never stops signing. I could listen to him sing all fucking day. Honestly I wish I could. Niall joins in singing instead of mouthing the words.

Liam walks over to me as he's noticed my presence now.

"I didn't know I would be getting a live performance this morning otherwise I would've came down sooner." I say to him with a wide toothy smile still plastered a crossed my face.

"Oh him and Ni really get into it." Liam laughs a bit.

"Clearly." I look past him back at Harry who's glistening with sweat. The way his muscles contract with each curl, his tight grip on the dumbbells, eyes closed in his own world, its making me feel something. How does he look so fucking hot with everything he does, it's disgusting.

"Hey would you mind refilling my water for me? I need to start my next set." He holds out his water bottle to me. I nod and take it from his hands, I pad my way down the hallway into the kitchen and wait was the water bottle slowly fills with cold water from the fridge.

I walk back to the gym and this time I head all the way in instead of standing in the doorway. I set the bottle next to the bench press where Liam is but quickly turn around when I hear some weights hit the ground with a bang.