fifty-three

"You know I'm starting to regret suggesting we go to brunch." Callie groans as both Gemma and I are on our second bottomless mimosa at some super fancy restaurant that quite literally specializes in brunches because and I quote Calie on this, "it's going on Harry's card so fuck it." Drinking at 10:30 in the morning while planning the basics of what I want my wedding to look like which if I'm being honest, I have no fucking idea.

We've only started talking about what color theme I want and I'm already sick of it. I feel like this is something Harry should be involved with, all the planning for our wedding but I know he would be just as sick of it as I am.

Is it too late to just elope? At this point that might be the best option, save us money, though that's not an issue, and all the stress.

"Isn't this what the rich housewives do?" Gemma poses the question which is more of a statement that's questioning Callie's plan to even do this in the first place.

"That's why it seemed fitting! Parker is about to be one of those rich housewives, next thing you know she's gonna be on reality tv doing this exact same shit!"

"I was a rich housewife on my own Callie, I wouldn't need to marry Harry if that was my end goal because I was already that on my own." I cut in with a huff. As much as I love having a girls day out this just isn't my idea of fun. We could have mimosas at the house and order cheap take out.

"Well you weren't a wife." Callie glares at me.

"What do you mean I wasn't a wife? Did you and I suddenly get a divorce that I didn't know about?" I joke with her which has both her and Gemma laughing.

"Yeah we did. I left you for the pool boy and took the dog." She goes along with it.

"Ew, you left me for a man? Now I just feel sorry for you."

"Oh I know, he's terrible in bed. We are getting off topic though, so the color scheme, what are we thinking?"

"I have no idea Callie. I just want something simple, nothing super bold or flashy." I take a long drink of my mimosa, hoping the alcohol will make this go by faster.

"I second that statement, my brother may be flashy at times but he will want something more basic, the focus being more on you guys than the decor. What about a mix of pale blues and greens with maybe a navy and darker grey in the mix? Simple and easy, not too boring but nothing completely out of this world." Gemma suggests, following my previous actions as she takes a sip from her drink.

"You know what, sounds perfect." I eagerly agree mainly so I don't have to go back and forth on fucking colors.

"Okay great! Now that color theme has been decided we can move onto..." I pretty much tune out the rest of our conversation.

We continued talking about all wedding things from possible dates, all of them falling after Callie has her baby, to whom I was thinking I wanted to invite. I concluded it would be a small wedding, I don't really know enough people to have a giant wedding and I didn't want some giant wedding in the first place. The only way I got through this whirlwind of basic planning, whatever the hell that's supposed to mean cause I feel like I've planned everything at this point, is the 9 mimosas and omelette that was super overpriced and not that good but I was drunk by that point so I didn't really care.

I don't remember everything that we planned out but I'm assuming that's why Callie was taking notes the whole time, because if I'm being honest I've already forgotten half of it. Now both Gemma and I are drunk in Callies back seat as she drives all of us back to the house, giggle like a bunch of drunk idiots which to be fair we are but who's really paying attention.