thirty-six

Hey besties!

4:30 in the morning and I'm wide awake. I've just been laying on top of Harry like how we fell asleep, scared to move in fear of waking him up. We did fall asleep sometime around 10 o'clock last night which isn't late but only getting about 5 hours of sleep I feel exhausted.

I slowly remove my body from on top of him and grab my sweater for yesterday off of the floor quickly throwing it on, the house is so cold this morning. Walking down the dark hallway I stop in front of Liam's room and crack the door open slightly to peak in and make sure he got home last night. His bed is untouched so I close the door and head downstairs.

I see Harry's office door is slightly cracked open with light pouring out of it so I head down that way. I knock on the door slightly before pushing it open and seeing a passed out Liam, his head resting on the desk with drool coming out of his mouth. I quickly stride into the living room and grab a pillow and a blanket, bringing them back to him. I lift his head up ever so carefully and slide the pillow underneath it then carefully drape the blanket over him.

His computer is on, with a program running on it. I slide the computer closer to me and look at all of the information on the screen. It's tracing phone calls, 6 were made at 2 in the morning from the same number. I look at the notepad on the desk that Liam has been writing on and check the timestamps, the last one he wrote down was at 12:45, the same phone number next to the time and the length of the call with a brief description. It was about me... about my day yesterday, what I did, where I went, and that I had security with me. A chill runs up my spine knowing that someone was following Frank, Callie and myself around all day.

I pick up the pen and quickly write down the 6 calls made with a reminder for Liam to listen to them. I know the whole point of them tapping into Alan's phone was to find out more information but I didn't think they would find anything this quickly. It's unsettling.

I head out of the office, being sure to turn off the light behind me and head into the kitchen. I make a cup of coffee and make some toast so I can take my meds when I head back upstairs. My sleep schedule has been flipped around since I was waking up at 2 in the morning like clock work because of my nightmares. I miss being able to sleep normally.

I finish up my toast quickly and rinse out my coffee cup as quietly as possible before setting it in the sink. I slowly walk upstairs but there's an odd feeling in the house. It's early in the morning but like I said it's oddly cold and I don't know if it's just because I know someone is watching my every move that has me unsettled or the fact that I'm still a little on edge.

When I push our bedroom door open Harry has now rolled over to lay on his stomach, is hair a wild mess on his pillow. I quietly close the door behind me and walk over and get my phone off the nightstand. He wouldn't let me take a picture last night but he's sleeping so there's no way he can stop me, plus he looks so peaceful. I quickly snap a picture of him and set my phone back down but replaced it with my journal and pen. I flick on the lamp next to me and sit back down on the bed.

April 29th, 2020.

Dear Nightingale,

Isn't life such a funny thing?

At any given moment, we could get everything we've wanted in life, or have it all taken away.

At any second in time, we could make the best decision of our lives or the worst.

Don't you think life is the most fragile and frightening thing?

I am being hunted.

The strangers stalk in the tall grass, hide behind trees, lurk around corners, awaiting the perfect moment to strike. When I'm weak and vulnerable, the desirable prey.