seven

"So what brings you to my humble abode?" I ask after exhaling another draw from my cigarette. I haven't smoked in a while but maybe I'll pick it up again.

"You intrigue me." Harry simply states while looking out my window. I intrigue you, hmm who would've thought glad to know he didn't break into my apartment to kill me.

"And what is it about me that peaks your interest?" I state sarcastically.

"That's a really good question." He side eyes me.

"A question that you didn't answer might I add." I raise my eyebrows and he wiggles his at me in response cause me to laugh. I feel so light and airy. Maybe it's because I'm actually relaxed for once in my life or maybe it's because of Harry. Like I've said he makes me feel high.

"Why'd you start using?" He then asks me still looking out my window.

"You really don't beat around the bush do you." I laugh again. I finish off the cigarette before licking my fingers and touching the end of it to put it out then toss it out of the window having it land on the fire escape earning a wide eyed look from Harry.

"Sometimes people start doing drugs to feel something. I do them so I don't." I say with a shrug.

"You're not from around here. Your accent is different." He turns towards me after changing the subject which I'm thankful for and places his cigarette between his lips and takes a big draw from it. My mouth starts salivating, my god that was fucking hot.

"I could say the same about you." I give him the same look he gave me earlier to emphasize my point.

"Touche." He gives me an acknowledging nod.

"Carolina." I turn and look out the window.

"Hm?" He gives me a confused look. Wow he has a really nice jawline. Get a grip Parker he basically broke into your apartment pull your head out of the gutter.

"You asked a question I answered." I shrug again.

"It wasn't a question, it was a statement."

"Alright smartass I was confirming your statement then."

"Alright then Carolina why'd you move to California." Harry then asks me.

"Trust me the west coast was the last place I saw myself but I moved here to live with my grandma my senior year of high school. She told me I had to swim before I drown out the world." I let out a quiet sigh. I really miss her. Wait did he just call me Carolina?

"Ah I see. And where is said grandmother now?" He asks.

"6 feet under." Harry laughs at my statement and I laugh along with him. Humor makes bad things not seem as bad but she was my rock and really the only person who understood what was going on in my head. Her death really hit me hard but I didn't move back home after she died. I was 18 by that point so I didn't have to leave and I had some money saved up from my job so it worked out in the end.

"What's with all the books?" Harry asks as he points towards the multiple shelves hanging from the wall across from us.

"What's with all the questions?" I bite back. I feel like I'm being interrogated right now. He glares at me sternly and I feel like I'm a child being scolded by their father. I wonder if he'd like that, to be called daddy.

Reluctantly I answer his question anyways, "most of them are books I've written and then mixed in are some books I like to read."

"What kind of books do you write?" Jesus enough with the fucking questions.