seventeen

TW: There are slight mentions of sexual assault in this chapter. 

Also sorry for all of the updates but I'm really in a writing mood :)

Beeping.

I've heard this beeping before. I'm in the hospital. I open my eyes and groan loudly as I try to move.

"Harry, she's waking up, go get a nurse." I hear Callie's voice.

She stands up and comes to sit on the bed with me. She rubs her hand up and down my sore leg.

"Hey babes, how are you feeling?" She asks me.

I go to talk but my throat feels like it's full of razor blades. Calle notices my discomfort and hands me some water. I drink it slowly and hand it back to her so she can set it down. I'm attached to a crazy amount of wires and machines.

"I feel like I've been chewed up and spit out. What happened?"

Callie doesn't have a chance to respond because Harry walks in with 2 nurses and a doctor following right behind him.

"Good afternoon Ms.Owens. I'm Dr.Demarco the head neurologist here. How are you feeling?" Dr.Demarco asks while pulling out the binder from the foot of my hospital bed.

"Like shit."

"Well I would be a little concerned if you didn't feel some discomfort. Do you know what happened Ms.Owens?"

I take a moment to recall all of the events that happened before I ended up here.

"I was in a car accident."

"That's right. I'm going to ask you a couple questions while Quinn, our nurse, checks your wounds. Is that okay?" I nod and the nurse takes that as her que to start inspecting my body starting with my legs. Callie is asked to move so she takes a seat in a chair next to the bed and Harry is standing in the doorway of the hospital room. He looks worried but I don't get why. I'm fine, I'm alive sadly so he has nothing to worry about.

"Ms.Owens can you follow my finger for me?" I nod and follow his pointer finger as it moves in all sorts of directions.

"Do you know what day it is?" He then asks me.

"No but I know it's March and we are in 2020."

"Ms.Owens it's April 1st, 2020." I cough out a laugh at the irony of his statement. Of course it's April Fools day. The Universe is playing some kind of sick fucking joke on me.

"So I was missing for 10 days. Peachy." I roll my eyes. I hope the son of a bitch is dead cause if he is even slightly breathing in this hospital I will smother him with a fucking pillow.

"No you were missing for 7 but you have been in a medically induced coma for 3."

"Real shit? Damn okay. So what's the damage?" I just want to get out of here and go home.

"You suffered severe head trauma in the crash which caused a brain bleed. We performed surgery to relieve that. You broke 3 ribs one of which punctured your right lung but we repaired that. Stitches on the multitude of cuts that covered your body. You were severely dehydrated and malnourished so we gave you IV fluids and electrolytes. You also had a forensic team perform a sexual assault exam."

"I'm sorry what? You used a rape kit on me without my consent!" I'm already pissed off because of Zayn but now this shit.

"Ms.Owens its protocol. I'll send the police in to question you." The Doctor and nurses leave the room and Harry looks fucking livid.

"Parker, he's going to be locked up for a long time." Callie states.

"And then what? He was supposed to be in prison for 8 fucking years then got out 2 years early on good behavior! He's not going fucking anywhere except a fucking crematorium!" I shout at her. I swear he died in the accident.