thirty-seven

Harry's POV

I sit in the driver seat as I watch Liam walk out of the front door of the house, a large black duffle bag slung over his shoulder as he strides down the front steps. I quickly start the car and look back towards the front door.

Parker stands right outside the front door, still dressed in the sweater from the day prior and her underwear, a look of absolute shock mixed with fear covering her features. She watches as Liam opens the boot of the car and throws the duffle back in, just as quickly shutting it as he had opened it and striding over to the passenger side climbing in. I speed up the driveway and through the gate without waiting for him to put his seatbelt on.

"What's the plan?" He asks.

"We are stopping by Howards office then getting on a plane to Arizona. We will meet with Niall and Louis, hopefully get this shit over with as soon as possible. I would like to be back home in my own bed in 24 hours, so we are on a time crunch." I rush out as I weave through cars on the road.

"Howard isn't going to want to be a part of this. If he wanted involvement he would've handled this himself. He doesn't care what happens as long as he is alive." Liam fires back.

"Liam this isn't up for discussion. Figure something out that will make him want to get involved." I sharply state, focusing my attention on the road.

"Harry this isn't a smart idea. If you didn't have someone waiting back at home for you I would be all in but this is how you get fucking killed, better yet this is how Parker gets killed!"

"She's at the house, she'll be fine."

"Well you can have her be pissed off at you but I happen to like my friendship with her so I'm calling her and letting her know what the plan is." Liam says as he pulls his phone from his pocket. I immediately rip it out of his hands and throw it into the back seat.

"Harry what the fuck is your problem! She deserves to know!"

"She can hear all about it when we get back. Don't forget even if you are my friend, you still work for me. If you suddenly have forgotten what your job is I will be happy to remind you." I seeth.

Liam opens his mouth to speak but cuts himself off and turns his head away from me looking straight out of the windshield. I whip around a corner and speed until the underground parking garage that's beneath the publishing house. I barely let the car come to full stop before I shift it into park and climb out, heading to elevators and type in my code for it. Liam is a little bit behind me as the elevator doors up and I step in.

When he enters the elevator with me I push the button for the top floor as it jolts upwards. Silence falls between us as we ride all the way to the top, stepping out into the long hallway and push into Howards office. He's on the phone yelling at someone on the other end.

"If that shipment isn't here in the next hour someone is fucking dying!" He shouts and hangs up the phone and throws it onto his desk before noticing mine and Liam's presence.

"Mr.Styles, Mr.Payne. I wasn't expecting you today." He says tightly, sitting down behind his dark desk and propping his feet up on top of it.

"I have an offer for you." I say walking into the room fully, Liam following suit and pulling the door closed behind him, locking it.

I take a seat in front of the desk and pull out my pack of cigarettes, placing one in between my lips and light it while pulling the ashtray on his desk closer to me.

"Does this offer have anything to do with my daughter? Word on the street is you two have a relationship."

"Howard you and I both know you don't care what Parker does with her life as long as she keeps bringing in money with her books and keeps out of your business. It has to do with Richards." I scoff as I blow out the smoke that fills my lungs.