fifteen

It's a little late now. About 11 o'clock.

We kept going around on the ferris wheel for an hour, laughing and smiling non stop. I can say that this was the most free I've felt in a while. After we got off I grabbed Harry's hand and ran down the pier and on the street until I found a food truck. Now we are sitting on a curb stuffing our faces with tacos.

Harry's smile keeps fading every time he checks his phone which he has been doing a lot since we sat down.

"If you have to go I can call an uber back." I mumble while still chewing my bite of food.

"It can wait, I just have to make an appearance."

"Seriously Harry if you have to go it's fine."

I really don't mind if he has to leave. I mean we spent 6 hours together and he is bound to get sick of me at some point.

"Or you could come with me." Harry crumbles his now empty paper plate and gestures for me to hand him mine.

"I would rather just go home if that's okay with you." Harry nods and stands up to throw our trash away.

We walk back to his car and head back towards LA. I feel bad for not wanting to go with him but there are some things you have to distance yourself from. This being one of them. Plus I honestly don't want to intrude.

The drive back to my apartment was silent minus the faint music playing in the background. I get out and quietly thank Harry for our outing and leisurely walk up the stairs to my apartment. Once inside I lock the door and head into the kitchen to grab a glass of water. I walk into my room and pull the curtain closed behind me, setting my glass of water on my nightstand before stripping off my clothes.

It's odd to feel so relaxed yet so physically drained at the same time. I grab the pill bottle off the nightstand and grab one of the oval pills from it. I'm really hoping my antidepressants start working again because I'm tired of feeling all over the place all the time. I quickly send Callie a text letting her know I'm back home and she promptly responds saying she's coming over in the morning for all of the details.

After plugging my phone in I pull back the covers and crawl into bed letting sleep overcome my body.

I slept in a bit today walking up at 8. I get up and relieve my bladder before getting into the shower. I don't wash my hair since I did yesterday but I take my time washing my body. I even exploit the fact that I have a detectable shower head. I don't like getting myself off first thing in the morning but it's not the worst way to start a morning.

I decided on some loose shorts and a tank top since I don't plan on leaving the house today. I check my phone and see that Callie is going to be here at 10 so I have some time to make us some coffee and maybe something simply to eat. I pull open my curtains and unlock the front door before walking into the kitchen and starting a pot of coffee.

When I open my fridge I make a mental note that I need to go grocery shopping since there's not much. I pull out a carton of eggs and some cheese. Scrambled eggs will have to do.

3 knocks on my front door let me know that Callies here.

"It's open!" I shout from the kitchen.

"Bitch you have so much to spill, tell me everything." Callie says as she closes the front door behind her and throws her bag down on the floor. She walks over to the coffee pot and grabs two mugs from the cabinet above it making both of us a cup of coffee.

"We went to the Santa Monica Pier. Pretty much watched the sunset from the ferris wheel and it was really fun." I move around the eggs in the pan to continue to scramble them before adding some cheese.