prologue

"She woke up this morning

"She woke up this morning."
The doctor's voice was still ringing in Jungwon's ears as he dashed past all the other patients in the hospital.

"Shit, why is this taking so long?" Jungwon cursed, when the escalator was taking longer than he thought it would. Soon after, he decided to take the stairs, running up the two floors by foot. He didn't want to waste or lose any time he could spent with her.

And right when he arrived, the doctor exited Eunji's hospital room, making the boy look up.

"You are here." The adult spoke, his voice was nonchalant.
The upset look on the elder's face sent shivers down Jungwon's spine.

"Is she..actually..?" Jungwon stammered, still panting as he was still out of breath. He was afraid that he got his hopes up for nothing, but the doctor just nodded silently, patting the boy's shoulder and signalling him to enter.

"Go inside. She's been waiting for you."

Taking in a few deep breaths, Jungwon's grip on the door knob tightened.
Was he really ready to face her after months of seeing her unconscious?
Before his thoughts would prevent him from entering this very room, the door opened almost on itself, as his gaze fell onto the girl's fragile appearance.
There she was. The girl he had been waiting for all this time.

She was obviously still weak and was still adjusting to the surroundings around her. Eunji was in the middle of trying to reach for a certain necklace laying on the counter next to the hospital bed, as she froze upon hearing the boy's entrance.

"Eunji..?" Jungwon called out for her, when it hit him.
It was just like back then at the school garden, the day he found her unconscious.
Jungwon froze, gritting his teeth as he felt himself tensing up. He didn't want to think about that day. Not now. Not ever.

But his worries got washed away straight away, when Eunji turned to him, her soft, tired eyes meeting his worried ones.

He didn't give her any time to answer, as he wrapped his arms around her weak body, trying his best not to hurt her in any way, "I missed you, Eunji. I missed you so much."

Jungwon felt her soft touch against his hair, as she hesitantly hugged him back.
"You don't even know how much i waited for you to finally wake up." The boy continued, his grip around her tightening.
He didn't want to ever let her go, now that she was by his side again.

"Hi.." He heard her say.
Her voice was gentle, a little hoarse but still music to his ears. A gentle smile climbed up his face.

But of course this whole situation seemed like a dream too good to be true. With this his smile wouldn't last long, because the next words that left her mouth let his hope crush down almost immediately.

"..I-I'm really sorry, but do we know each other?", She sounded hesitant, almost as if she knew those words were going to hurt him.

And she was right. It did hurt him. A lot.

A story In which she doesn't remember.
...or does she?
┌──❀*̥˚─────────────────◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
the sequel of "flower petals || yang jungwon"
Nice to see you again! ♪('ε` ) <3
└◌───❀*̥˚──────────────────◌───❀*̥˚┘

:¨·.·¨:
'·. please vote and comment if you enjoyed reading this chapter<3 °*゚