028: adour

(a/n: my heart is literally breaking wtf Y'ALL the book is slowly coming to an end💔💔💔 gotta do a long chapter for this one...💔💔
also to everyone that pressures me to update fuck YOU🗣)
________________________

The boy's face dropped painfully. "Eunji?" He repeated, but she was just staring at his hand, that was still wrapped around her wrist.

When the girl still refused to answer him, he turned around, taking the book in his own hands. Eunji's eyes widened, as she tried to get it back, "Jungwon, don't-"

He didn't listen and started looking through the written pages. Now it wasn't only his face that dropped, but his heart sank in devastation as well.
At the top of each page, Jungwon found petals. Petals of several flowers represented in all colours he could think of. Each prepared and dried so the beauty of every single lne would be displayed to its max even after all this time.
But then again, why didn't he find any of them beautiful? Why was the feeling he felt when seeing those petals disgust? fear? and shock?

The next moment he would find short descriptions underneath them, his eyes widening.

Eunji on the other hand continued to stay on the ground, her face frozen in shock. The same kind of shock as his.
She never wanted him to discover this very book, but there was nothing she could do to prevent it. She was exposed.

The only thing she could do in this situation was to tell him everything.

tulips
DD/MM/YY 21:43
- was endurable but still hurt
- this time the process was pretty unexpected tho
- meaning: perfect and deep love
- it's jungwon's fav flower!!! ♡♡♡

ambrosia
DD/MM/YY 17:29
- at the masquerade, unknown room
- had to run away from jungwon and the others
- i'm kinda used to it so : endurable!!
- meaning : your love is reciprocated♡♡mutual love
̶s̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶e̶:̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶?̶!̶!̶

"The masquerade...?" The boy put down the book, his arms dangling on each of his sides shiftlessly. He couldn't bring himself to read any further. His heart was aching too much, that he thought it was going to be torn completely the more he read.

"Jungwon..." Eunji spoke attentively, making sure her voice didn't tremble this time. Since his back was facing her, Eunji couldn't detect his reaction at all, "Let me..explai-"

"The meaning is...mutual love." The boy tried to smile, as he read out loud the line that remained in his memory the most, "Your love is reciprocated."

The girl glanced at him, slowly approaching him, as he stood still, not moving an inch. She saw right through his facade, "Jungwon." She repeated his name for the hundredth time that day, "I-Is everything alright?"

"This collection...of petals. You knew, right?" Jungwon couldn't help but grit his teeth, trying to suppress the shock that was starting to take over his mind, "The doctor must have told you...about this disease."

"Actually..I-I.." She started, not knowing how to start, as she shook her hear. She wanted to tell him, "I do know about the disease. Y-You probably must be shocked to find this journal..after all this time, but I remembe-!"

"How did she manage to hide it from me so well?" His voice sounded weak, as he interrupted her abruptly, "How?"

"She...?" Eunji frowned.