027: divulge

(a/n: do you guys even remember me at this point?😓)
______________________

"What are you talking about?" Eunji's breath hitched, panic kicking in. The girl tried to laugh it off, but the tension was high and the atmosphere was already too heavy.

"I-I'm not sure what to believe anymore, Eunji." Jungwon buried his head between his hands, "I've been so confused these past few days. I need you to tell me the truth. Right now."

She continued to stay quiet, unable to reply anything.

He took ahold of her hand, tightly holding onto it with desperate eyes, "Did you...really forget everything?"

"Jungwon." The girl calmly spoke, pulling away from his hand and gripping onto her seat instead, "What...What makes you think that? What makes you think I didn't?"

"Ara told me."

Eunji's eyes widened, "What?"

"The day she visited you at the hospital. After she hurt you." Jungwon gritted his teeth slightly, "When I brought her outside, she started yelling...and saying weird things."

Eunji felt her heart beat to such a fast pace, that she thought it was going to jump out of her chest.
She now knew why Jungwon took such a long time escorting Ara outside back then.
Eunji had been reckless. Dense. She should have thought about it, before spilling everything to Ara, the girl that hated her the most.
She should've known that Ara would tell Jungwon everything.

The boy frowned, when Eunji just stared at the empty plate in front of her, "Ara said you were deceiving all of us. That you were lying about your amnesia and how you wanted to harm her. She was completely out of it and-"

"Do...you believe her?" The girl in front of Jungwon interrupted him. Eunji knew she was the one being wrong in this, but the fact that Ara made it seem like she was the victim and only she got hurt, when in fact Eunji was the one being harmed and threatened by her, was boiling the girl's blood.

His eyes widened slightly and it took him a few seconds to reply, "I-I'm not sure."

"You are not sure?" Eunji continued.

Jungwon gulped, shaking his head slightly.
It's not like he trusted Ara, of course he didn't. He wouldn't dare to. Not after what happened last time, after he trusted her wicked words about Sangmi and her break up, resulting in one of the biggest disasters to happen.

"Listen, Eunji. This isn't because I don't trust you. I do. Of course, I do. But-" The boy sighed, looking down, "...I've been watching you closer ever since and I noticed stuff that couldn't be just a coincidence. The more I looked into it, the more I believed Ara's words, despite trying so hard not to. That's why I need to hear your side."

"Don't believe her, Jungwon." Was the only thing Eunji said, before straightly looking into the confused boys' eyes, "She is lying."
No, you are the one lying. Eunji thought internally.
What are you even saying? Tell him the truth!

This was the perfect chance to tell him everything, be honest and for once don't lie to him. She knew that very well.
But Eunji just couldn't. The girl's subconscious was yelling at her own self, but too many thoughts crossed her mind and with her heart beating too fast, it was impossible for her head to think straight.

She promised herself to tell him when the circumstances were better. Not while being on Ara's ground.
Not when Jungwon was this emotionally overwhelmed.
She wanted to tell him in private and personally from her own point of view, without any of Ara's half-truths and influence ruining it.

She will tell him. Just not now.

"Ara lied?" Jungwon's expression lit up for a second, before disappointment washed over his face, "But...that doesn't explain the way you've been acting...you remembered the vikings ride! That happened way before. There's no way you can remem-"