003: unexpected

(a/n: LMAOOOOOO so many of y'all wished me luck and i'm so thankful for that but i messed up both my exams and fcked up the exams i got back😁 WHY IS THIS FUNNY
everyone please don't be like bingo and study🧎🏻‍♀️you don't want to end up like me)
_________________________

"Are you joking right now?" Eunji exclaimed shocked, shaking her head, "Sneaking out? Right now? In the middle of the night?"

"Yes." The boy just nodded innocently, making Eunji look at him bewildered.

"We are in a hospital." She spoke slowly, as if it would knock some sense into him, but he on the other hand just shrugged innocently.

He looked around and answered, "You never sneaked out before?"

"No- I mean, Yes-..maybe?" It sounded more of a question as a statement, as she looked down.
She didn't want to admit that she never sneaked out before, knowing her mother wouldn't be especially proud of her, "It doesn't matter anyway.."

That's when it hit him.
Jungwon immediately distanced himself from her.
"I'm sorry, if I..made you uncomfortable." He noticed, the way his excitement made him sound like a complete weirdo, without him even noticing.

He totally forgot that there were lines that he shouldn't cross.
Eunji didn't remember him as the person she loved anymore, but her classmate.
Her mere classmate.

How the tables have turned.

Jungwon looked down bitterly, "I understand if you don't trust me yet...after all you don't remember me, but-"

"No Jungwon, that's not it." Eunji looked down, fiddling with her fingers, "I can't sneak out. As much as I want to, I can't. My crutches are still getting delivered-"

"Crutches?" Now it was the boy's turn to be shocked, as he frowned, "You..You can't walk?"

The girl's gaze softened at the boy's concern.
"It's not forever!" She quickly shook her hands, "It's because my body isn't used to doing a lot of stuff after all the time i wasn't conscious. It kinda forgot how to do basic human thingies."

Eunji tried to smile, immediately avoiding his intense, dark gaze, knowing that it was too obvious, that she wasn't especially happy about this either.

"Does it hurt?"

"No, No it doesn't! I mean- a tiny little bit, but not all the time." She nodded rapidly, "It's really nothing to worry about."

Jungwon sat down, feeling his mood dropping as he sighed.
"I'm really sorry."

Eunji stayed quiet and nodded, watching him as he put his head on the hospital bed, while sighing.

"You could have visited me during the visitor hours tomorrow morning. Why did you rush over here?" The girl suddenly mumbled, while looking at the boy's half closed eyes, "You look tired."

"I'm not tired." He spoke, but his tired eyes said otherwise, "Are you tired?" Jungwon then asked back, now afraid that she won't get to sleep because of him, but Eunji immediately shook her head.

"I've slept enough these past 9 months, I think I can manage." She tried to joke, but Jungwon could only feel his own heart clutching, "I am still startled at everything that happened. I think..sleeping is the last thing i will do for now."

The boy nodded, continuing to look at her.
She had a tiny bit more colour in her face, but overall she was still pale. Her hair was messy and her eyes seemed puffy and swollen.
But she looked alive.
The completely opposite of what he saw back then at the school garden.

"Stop staring at me like that." She suddenly spoke, snapping Jungwon out of his thoughts, "I don't know how to act."

"Sorry." He chuckled nervously, turning completely away from her, noticing himself how he got carried away,
"I just..really wanted to spent time with you."