021: home

(a/n: i feel like eating a brick today 😦 but at least i can now say that i'm halfway vaccinated 👍🏻 wow look at me I'm such a role model)
_________________________

"Finally I'm free." The girl took a deep breath, smiling when she stepped outside the hospital. A warm feeling washing over her face, as she closed her eyes upon blinded by the bright sun.
She missed this feeling. The air. The non-existing smell of sanitisation. And most importantly the freedom of being able to walk around freely.

"You sound like you just got released from being in prison." Jungwon chuckled next to her, holding a bag with a few of her most important things. It did took him a lot of insisting to hold it for her, since she was once again too stubborn to accept his help.

"You never let me enjoy anything, do you?" She playfully glared at him, as he chuckled again.

"Alright, alright." The boy grinned, before closing his eyes himself.
It's been a few weeks since Eunji's last surgery and after resting properly the doctor decided that she was ready to be discharged.
The whole process lasted 4 months and it would be a lie to say that Jungwon and Eunji didn't grow closer during the whole procedure.

"I'm done." She exclaimed all of a sudden, making him look at her in surprise, "Let's go."

________________________

"It's raining." Eunji secretly glanced at the boy next to her, "How long do we need to wait?"
The two were now standing under the bus station, slightly drenched from the rain, while Jungwon was still smiling from ear to ear.

"We missed the last one...so about 30 minutes?" He tilted his head with a smile, making her eyes widen.

"Why are you still smiling?" She frowned and sighed dramatically, before crossing her arms, "If we haven't argued about who will carry my bag, we wouldn't have missed the bus!"

"You are totally right. That's why you should have just hand it over to me-" The girl shut him up with another glare, as he quietly laughed to himself, "I apologise, ma'am."

Staying quiet, she reached out her hand forward, letting the rain drops fall into the palm in her hand.

"How about we run?" She would exclaim nonchalantly, making him turn his head to her shocked, "It's not that far from here. We can-"

"No. Definitely not. We literally just stepped out of the hospital. Do you want to end up there again?" Jungwon shook his head, "And you can't even walk yet."

"I can!"

"Yeah, but only with your legs giving in every now and then."

"Jungwon, A little cold won't harm me and I'll make sure not to trip, alright?" Eunji spoke, as she took a step towards the rain. Before she could take another step, Jungwon's hand already was wrapped around her wrist, pulling her backwards into his arms.

"We will wait, Eunji." He spoke quietly, releasing her from his embrace.

She was about to protest, "But-"

"Just look at the positive side! You know, what they say...The probability of meeting your soulmate is the highest at a bus station."

"Now you are just making things up." Eunji chuckled and turned away from him, as he dramatically shook his head.

"I'm serious! My grandma once told me that." Jungwon eagerly tried to convince her, "She met grandpa here!"

"Okay, okay. I believe you." Using her hand like a binocular, she looked around jokingly, "Where's mine then? It seems like I haven't met mine yet-"
Eunji's eyes widened, when Jungwon turned her around swiftly by grabbing her shoulders gently. The look in his eyes was serious, almost too serious for her liking and somehow she managed to not avoid his gaze this time.