015: insightful

(a/n: some of you really thought i was going to try and kill off Eunji again LMFAOO I really might if y'all don't stop giving me ideas in the comments😏 i'm a bit disappointed but since i'm the nicest person on earth i will quickly tell y'all who Ara is for those who don't know:
Ara's found in book one and was a very close friend of Eunji especially in the beginning! Their friendship started to fall apart the moment Ara and Sunoo got closer and the rest is history)
___________________________

eunji's p.o.v

"Ara?" I was the first one to react and turned to Jungwon, while the nurse nodded and left, "You mean...Ara, as in my best friend?"

"She's not your best friend." Jungwon turned to me, interrupting me quickly, "Wait for me, I will just go inform them that she can't visit you."

"Jungwon, don't-"

"No Eunji, I won't let her get even near you." He gritted his teeth slightly, the look in his eyes changing completely, giving me no choice but to turn away, "Don't try to stop me."

"But she's my friend." I interrupted him, grabbing his wrist with both my hands.

"Eunji. You need to trust me-"

"It's been such a long time since I've seen her. There are a few things I need to talk to her about." I smiled reassuringly, but Jungwon didn't give in.

"No Eunji, it's just..- because of her.." Jungwon started, but eventually his voice died down, as he sighed in annoyance, "Ara isn't the person you think she is."

I smiled to myself. He was concerned, "Then let me find out on my own what kind of person Ara is."
Right when he was about to reply, the door opened loudly, revealing no one other than Ara.

"Nice to see you again!" I spoke to Ara and was about to sit up probably, when the grip Jungwon had around my hand tightened.

Looking up to him, my eyes widened as well.
Jungwon looked shocked, his eyes full of fear as he looked at Ara's hand.
Following his gaze, my expression dropped.

"Roses..?" I eyed the flower bouquet in Ara's hands, before I looked down, a weird feeling laying out inside me.

"Get the fuck out of here, Ara." Jungwon suddenly spoke, his voice shaking slightly. He was about to approach the sickerly smiling girl at the door, when I intertwined my hand with his, stopping him.

"Why? I just want to visit my friend. Is that wrong?" Ara laughed and held up her hand with the roses in her hands, looking at me, "I even got you pretty flowers, Eunji~"

"Throw them away or I will." The boy answered in a low, almost threatening voice, startling Ara slightly, while I stayed quiet the whole time.

"These aren't for you, Jungwon. The flowers are for her." Ara smirked, "Don't you think you are getting too worked up over mere flowers?"

I felt Jungwon tensing up, as he clenched his other hand into a fist, "I swear, if you d-"

"Thank you for visiting me, Ara. You can leave the...roses on the table, so I can put them in a vase later." I quickly interrupted Jungwon and smiled, before turning to the boy next to me.

"Trust me." I whispered, when I saw his expression soften. It took him a few seconds to think, before he broke out in a sigh. Jungwon looked down, before slowly walking towards the hospital door Ara was still standing at, as the grin on her face grew wider.