023: sufficient

(a/n: I finally drew Eunji and my baby looks so good someone give me an award for this😩 i'm going to be the next picasso just wait and see)
_________________________

eunji's p.o.v

"Good morning~" I mumbled to myself and yawned, while walking down my stairs rashly.
Just when I was about to miss a step, I managed to catch myself, laughing quietly at myself in embarrassment afterwards.
But my laughter would die down the moment later, when I spotted a figure standing in my very kitchen.

"You woke up already?" The person suddenly spoke lowly, making me stop in my tracks.
My brain was already on its verge on giving up, but it completely shut down when it turned out to be Jungwon who turned around to me the next moment.

"W-What are you doing in my house?!" I took a step backwards, while he shook his head, trying to get a strand of hair out of his face.

"What do you mean?" Jungwon smiled "I live here..with you. Don't you remember?"

"Huh???" Shock was written all over my face.
So the dream I had yesterday wasn't actually a dream?

"I wasn't joking yesterday." Jungwon chuckled again, before stretching his arms, which seemed to be the aftermath of the uncomfortable position he was sleeping in, "And you weren't dreaming either."

My breath stopped for a moment. Was he reading my mind right now?

"Eunji?" He repeated, but before he could continue I already jumped up and ran up my stairs not looking back once.
Internally I was thanking my legs for not giving in in this moment.

"Okay, okay take a deep breath. Take a deep breath."
I looked into the mirror, trying to keep my composure without freaking out again. I was now locked up in my bathroom.

Gripping onto the sink with both my hands, I let the water faucet run, before sprinkling a big amount on my face.
Was this a dream? Another one? I doubted it.

"But how is this possible..?" I mumbled, "I was sure It was a dream." Frowning, I glared at my own reflection.
I promised to stop talking to myself, but it seemed like I failed.

I don't know how many more minutes I stood there, while rethinking my life decisions, when suddenly I heard a knock on the door, startling me.

"If you've calmed down by now, please come downstairs and...help me make pancakes." I faintly heard Jungwon's unsure voice, "I think I messed up the batter. And the ingredients. And I think your kitchen too."

I froze. Was the kitchen in danger?

Immediately opening the door with a loud thud, I was now facing Jungwon, who casually leaned on the staircase with his arms crossed.
And now that I thought about it, he didn't look like someone who just destroyed someone's kitchen either since he seemed rather relaxed and unbothered.

His smirk broadened, when he saw the terrified expression on my face, "Finally you are done. The pancakes are getting cold."

"But I thou-"
The next moment, he already had taken my hand and dragged me downstairs, pushing me towards two plates with 4 pancakes each. With a proud smile on his face, he asked me, "What do you think?"

I was in awe at the food that was now laying in front of me.
I didn't know that I had been craving for non-hospital food this bad until now.

"I cleaned the whole kitchen already, don't worry. I didn't broke anything either." Jungwon reassured me, when I didn't utter a single word, "I...I lied, because you were taking so long and I was afraid I scared you off or anything."