030: secret

(a/n: okay i'm serious the ending is nearing very very soon so please put up with all the irritating, confusing and frustrating elements I'm going to add😁 i gotta make it exciting till the end)
________________________

The door closed with a loud thud, making Eunji turn her attention to the person walking towards her.

"You are home already?" Jungwon immediately approached the girl who was sitting on the couch of her living room with a nonchalant expression.

"Yeah." Eunji replied shortly, "How was school?"

"God, I just got goosebumps thinking you were my mother." Jungwon pretended to shudder, while chuckling, "It was alright, what about you?"

"Not that great." Eunji sighed, rolling her eyes as she remembered the previous conversation she had, "Aera talked to me again."

"Ara?"

"No, Aera." The girl shrugged, knowing that she got confused herself all the time.
It was crazy how the two of them were so similar to each other. It was not just their names, but their personalities as well.

Jungwon's expression darkened, his voice now slightly lowered, "What did she say?"

"The usual. Some of the most absurd rumours, I've ever heard." The girl yawned. She didn't think much of it, "Not that I believe them anyway."

"What rumours?"

Eunji stretched her arms, before standing up, "That you dated Sangmi."

He froze, as his eyes widened, "Sangmi?"

"Oh, right. I heard she's going to be back soon." The girl smiled warmly, still unbothered, "Sangmi, I mean. I was already wondering how she was..."

"Eunji, listen..." He started, his voice sounding a lot more serious.

"What?" She tilted her head, taken aback by his sudden seriousness, "Don't worry, I don't believe Aera. I would never. Of course not! I mean, why would you-"

"I need you to carefully listen to me..." The boy interrupted her, avoiding her eye contact, as he took her hand in his.
He seemed nervous, making her raise an eyebrow, still not suspecting anything.

"You are acting so weird right now." She didn't like the way he was looking at her.
With those apologetic eyes. It was making her anxious.

"You are aware of my feelings, right? How much you mean to me..." He avoided her eye contact, seemingly failing to find the right words, "That's why I want to be completely honest with you."

"What do you mean?"

"About the things Aera said..." He hesitated, visibly frowning.

"What about them?" Eunji tried to stifle a laugh, shaking her head in denial, as the pace of her heartbeat increased, "What are you even trying to say?"

"No, Eunji please. Just hear me out first." Jungwon tried to reach for her, but she avoided him, "I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologising?" Eunji's voice broke due her panic. She was scared, already having a bad feeling about what is going to unfold.

"Jungwon." The girl felt her breathing becoming more difficult, "You are joking, right? It's not funny. It's not funny at all, so please stop."

"I-I'm sorry." Jungwon shook his head at himself, his voice starting to shake slightly.

She breathed in deeply, trying to calm herself down. Her voice broke again, as she had to force herself to voice out the words she never wanted to become true,
"Please...tell me you weren't actually seeing Sangmi while I was in coma."