032: happiness

(a/n: the person that figures out what group of words the last chapters titles form before the book ends receives a kiss and gets to marry me🤣🤣 AND as a bonus they get to decide what ending this book will have /jjjjj 😍😍)
___________________________

Eunji hurriedly walked down the stairs once again after the door bell had rang for a second time, shaking her awake.
It hasn't been too long since she sent off Sunoo and she thought that maybe the boy came back, because he had forgotten something.

"Yeah-?" She stopped in her tracks, her breath immediately coming to an halt, when she came face to face with the person in front of her.
In front of her was indeed not Sunoo, but someone else she wasn't prepared to see.

"Sangmi." Eunji was surprised that her voice didn't break, as the girl in front of her smiled weakly.

Sangmi was about to take a step forward, when the other dodged it swiftly, taking a step backwards instead, "Why...are you here?"

"Eunji." Sangmi spoke, her voice surprisingly soft, "Are..you okay? It's been so long since I've last seen you."
And the next moment, the girl had already hugged Eunji, making her eyes widen.

"W-What are you doing here?" Fear was written all over Eunji's face. She tried to pull away, but Sangmi's hug was too tight.

"I've been trying to find you ever since I heard you were back." Sangmi blurted out, making Eunji stop in her tracks.

"What?"

"Do you know how shocked I was when I found out that you were awake?" Sangmi shook her head, "The last time I saw you was when you were connected to all kinds of tubes and all pale..and-and..unconscious." The girl rambled on, her own voice giving in.

"I've actually been awake for a while now..." The other freed herself from Sangmi's grip.

"Wait..." That's when it hit her, "Do you remember me?"

"What do you mean?" Eunji eyes widened once again.

"Do you remember me?" Sangmi repeated, her hands grabbing the other girl's shoulder gently, "Jungwon told me about your amnesia, but I can't help but hope...that you maybe still re-"

"I don't remember anything." The girl turned away, her voice was sharp, "Sorry."

"No, that's fine. That's fine." Sangmi reassured her with a weak smile on her face, "But...I can promise you...we were friends. We were really close, Eunji."

"I doubt that." The other scoffed bitterly.
How dare Sangmi come up to her and pretend like nothing is wrong?

Eunji felt backstabbed.
Sangmi knew about everything just like Jungwon.
And she still agreed on dating the boy.
Everything behind Eunji's back.

"What?" Sangmi's eyes widened.

"Why...are you here?" Eunji repeated in a low, irritated voice. The way Sangmi was still acting clueless was boiling her blood.

"There are things I need to tell you." The other girl looked down, "Everything. I want to explain everything to you."

___________________________

"It's so cold in here. Are you sure you closed the door behind you?" Sangmi shuddered, but Eunji just coldly ignored her question.

"What is it that you want to tell me?" She spoke sharply, not even looking at the other, as she sat down in front of Sangmi, who was sitting on the couch.

"So...where do I start?" Sangmi chuckled awkwardly as she looked like she was about to break out in tears again.
Eunji had to pull herself together to not seem fazed, while sipping on her cup of hot chocolate.