029: the ✎

(a/n: guess who figured out their wattpad password😄)
__________________________

eunji's p.o.v

The loud sound of my phone startled me as I let out a gasp, hurriedly sitting up to turn off my alarm.

"No way.." I spoke under my breath, rubbing my eyes to wake up faster. Was it time for school already?

That's when it struck me, "It can't be.."

"Eunji...!" Jungwon's cheerful voice interrupted my thoughts, as he entered my room. I turned to him wide-eyed.

Now looking at his face, everything hit me at once.
The call. The rain. The kiss. It was all a dream.

And here he was.
Standing in my door frame, while smiling as if he was a puppy seeing snow for the first time.
While I stared at him in complete shock.

"Eunji..?" His voice was a lot quieter now, as his expression turned soft at my dejection, "What's wrong?"

"What..do you mean what's wrong?" I bitterly spoke out through gritted my teeth, shocked at how fierce my own voice was, "How can you just barge into someone's room like that?"
I didn't mean to take out my anger at him.

But what was I even thinking?
Of course, it was a dream.
It was all in my stupid imagination. Like always.

"I'm sorry."

My eyes widened at how quiet his voice was.

"Sorry..I..I wasn't thinking." Jungwon repeated, immediately turning around so his back was facing me, as he looked down, "I will respect your privacy from now on, I'm sorry. You are right, I should've knocked."

And before I knew it, I teared up, as I balled my hands into fists. I didn't plan on crying in the early morning, but the more I thought about it the more tears collected in the corners of my eyes.

I was embarrassed at myself. So embarrassed.
I couldn't even look him in the eye.

"Eunji..?" He spoke, when he heard my unsteady breathing.
I could sense his hesitation, but after eventually turning around to me, his concerned eyes now met my teary ones.

His voice was never this gentle. So worried.
What did I ever do to deserve him?

"Hey, I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry, I was wrong." Jungwon immediately approached me, as he took my hand, looking at me with worried eyes, "I won't do it again."

I bet I looked ridiculous right now, desperately trying to tense my face so no tears will flow down my face, "Why are you even here?" I spoke out, my voice breaking, as I continued to breath unsteadily.

"I...just wanted to talk with you." The boy in front of me avoided my eyes contact, his hand reaching for my face to gently wipe away my tears "...about yesterday."

My blood ran cold, "Yesterday?" I eagerly spoke.
Perhaps it wasn't a dream after all?
"Something happened yesterday?"

His eyes widened, sadness written all over his face for a short moment. When he let go of my hand, I sensed that something was going on.
Did I say something wrong?

"You don't remember?" Jungwon looked down, "Was it...that insignificant to you?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Our kiss."

It wasn't a dream.

eunji's p.o.v end

"About yesterday..." Jungwon sat down, while putting the cup of water in front of Eunji, his intense gaze never once leaving her, "..when we kissed."

"Yeah?" Eunji looked up from the cup, a deep blush painting her cheeks as she remembered the events all over again.
It was true. All of it. She didn't dream any of it.