019: promises

(a/n: look at me being the funniest person alive and tricking most of you again😩 guys remember: whatever you are expecting or wanting i'll most likely do the opposite😙 this time it won't be Sangmi but i will bring her back very soon and she will play an even bigger role just wait and see😉 i'm not sure if y'all will like it tho)
______________________

"I-I will just come back later." Sunoo smiled nervously, before turning around, "I'm sorry for disturbing- You can...continue whatever you guys were doin-"

The girl froze, hurriedly looking to Jungwon.
Did Sunoo just catch them hugging?
And if yes, why was she overreacting about it?

And now that Eunji thought about it, it did look suspicious how Jungwon was on the complete other side of the room, avoiding looking at her with a blush spread across his face while she looked at the wall behind her, trying to look interested.

"We weren't doing anything!" She quickly denied and shook her head dramatically, while Jungwon tilted his head, frowning slightly, "We did nothing. Really-"

"Now why are you lying, Eunji?" Jungwon grinned, seemingly catching himself, before chuckling quietly, "I mean, I wouldn't call what we did nothing..."

Eunji's expression was just as shocked as Sunoo's.
"Shut up, Jungwon." She glared at the boy and hit his shoulder playfully, before looking at the now flushed Sunoo.

"Just- Don't listen to him, Sunoo. What brought you here?" The girl repeated and tried her hardest ignoring the warmth shooting up her face.

"If it's okay...Can we talk?" Sunoo replied hesitantly, while on the other hand Jungwon raised an eyebrow.

"Like last time? Do you want me to leave the room again?" Jungwon raised an eyebrow, like always sounding a bit ruder than he intended to, as Eunji hit his shoulder - this time not playfully - while glaring at him.

"Jungwon..." She spoke in a scolding manner, before looking at Sunoo again.

"It won't take long. I don't have that much time left anyway." Sunoo smiled warmly and nodded, while Eunji's eyes widened, "I still need to pack a few bags."

"Why? Do you have to go somewhere?"

"Yep, but not for long! My aunt called me to visit her in a small village a bit far from here. I will stay there for 3 or 4 weeks." The boy explained, still smiling, "The train leaves tomorrow morning. I wanted to see you...and Jungwon before leaving."

"Why didn't you tell me?" The younger boy looked at Sunoo for the first time with a confused expression, "Do the others know..-?"

"I've told them already." The older laughed, interrupting Jungwon, "You are the only person that doesn't know yet since you were staying by Eunji the past days."

"Right.."
The conversation came to an halt, when Eunji talked again.

"What's up then?" She nodded, the smile still on her face.
Before Sunoo could answer, Jungwon quietly stood up and walked towards the hospital door, making the older grab his arm.

Sunoo blinked in surprise, "Where are you going? It's nothing secret! You can stay-"

"No, No It's okay. I don't feel like staying here anyway." The younger turned away, shortly looking back at Eunji again, "I should get some fresh air on the way as well."

Before Sunoo could reply the other had opened the door and left already, leaving both Eunji and Sunoo alone in the room.

Something in Jungwon's gaze made the girl feel uneasy, making her look down.