022: harmony

(a/n: idk bout y'all but the fact that the highest possibility of meeting your soulmate is at the bus station is indeed true👍🏻 i just went outside to try it out and encountered a dark-haired boy who's 2 years older than me, got raised by his grandma, takes care of plants in the middle of the night and is coincidentally leader of the 4th gen hot icon named enhypen🤔🤔)
________________________

"No fucking way." Was the only thing Eunji managed to say. This had to be a joke. There's no way he was serious.

Before he could answer, she already grabbed her phone and hurriedly attempted to dial her mom's number again, when Jungwon snatched the girl's phone out of her hand and closed it, "You don't need to call her, Eunji. It's true."

"No, It's not." Eunji denied stubbornly, as she tried to get her phone back, "How is this allowed? You are the same age as me!"

"So what?" Jungwon chuckled, making Eunji lose one more bit of her sanity that remained, "I don't think there's a law that says roommates can't be the same age."

"S-Stop saying roommates, we are not roommates!"

"Yes, we are~"

"Jungwon, you can't live here!" Eunji looked around trying to find the slightest excuse for Jungwon to not stay, but she was having a hard time doing so.

"And why is that..?" He smiled, as if he already expected her to react this way.

"T-There's not enough space..." That was weak.
Eunji thought and immediately shook her head, regretting opening her mouth in the first place.

"Not enough space?" Jungwon started to look around, before he looked back at her with mischievous eyes, "Then tell me...How come your mother managed to live here with you just fine? And It's not like I take up that much space.."

The look on Eunji's face exposed her completely. Jungwon got her.

"Well, then it's settled." The boy spoke calmly, "You should go lay down and rest now. I will take care of the rest."

"But-"

"What?" Jungwon interrupted her immediately, already prepared for more protests from her side.

"I-It's just..." Eunji started, already feeling embarrassed, as she looked away while letting out a sigh, "There..There's only one bed in the entire house."

"Huh..?" His voice turned high pitched all of a sudden, while the red shade on his face deepened in mere seconds.

"Before this whole thing happened, my mother rarely was home at night as her work place was pretty far from here, so we decided to just get rid of it." The girl let out a subtle sigh, still embarrassed, "The bed, I mean...She always slept at hotels and stuff, that were near the place she worked at."

He now remembered. Eunji once told him about it before.
Jungwon looked down, still blushing as he cleared his throat.

Without a doubt, the atmosphere got heavier.
Eunji attempted to break the tension by speaking up again, "B-But It's okay! I will just sleep on the couch-"

"No, you will take the bed, Eunji. You need rest a lot more than me." Jungwon looked away, remembering how this entire scenario once happened before. At Sangmi's party, far before Eunji fell into coma, "And don't even try to protest."

Eunji looked down, still embarrassed. She felt bad, that it was obvious how her house lacked a lot of things which won't make their future coexistence any easier.

When the girl didn't answer, his eyes widened, mistaking the reason for her discouraged expression to be his fault, "I didn't mean to snap at you, Eunji. I'm sorry."