013: opposite

(a/n: Jungwon. Jùnqw0n. jünqwön. j u n g w o n. JUNG won. J U N G W O N. J-u-n-g-w-o-n)
________________________

"I swear if you blame yourself this time as well, I will have to knock some sense into you." Sunoo grabbed his friend's shoulders, who was walking back and forth the whole time, trying to find disclosure, "Eunji will be okay, Jungwon. You need to calm down."

"Calm down? How am I suppose to calm down when I have no idea what the fuck is happening to her?" Jungwon harshly freed himself from Sunoo's grip, scoffing.

He was trying. Jungwon really tried his best to stay calm, but the fear was getting to his head. He was on the verge of freaking out again. The anxious feeling was making his chest feel heavy. How could this happen? It was going so well, how could he not notice that something was wrong with her?

"The doctor said they would take care of it-"

"They said that last time too." Jungwon laughed bitterly now looking at Sunoo with cold eyes, "And she ended up being in coma for 9 whole months and forgetting me."

Sunoo stayed quiet not knowing what to answer, before looking down just as bitter.

It was 2 the next day already, but both Jungwon or Sunoo didn't seem to be tired at all.
Already an hour passed since Eunji was brought to the emergency room, after Jungwon had found her unconscious laying in the grass.

Again.
It was him this time too, who found her in such state and he couldn't help but feel even more guilty, knowing that he was too late again.
Too late to notice that something was wrong.

Past was repeating it all over again and he felt himself going insane everytime.

"I..failed to protect her." Jungwon buried his head in both his hands, feeling himself dropping next to Sunoo's seat, "Again."

Sunoo looked down, putting his hand on the other's shoulder, "You didn't know. She told you to go first and-"

"But I should have noticed. I should have learned from my past mistakes and notice that Eunji wasn't feeling well." Jungwon interrupted his friend with gritted teeth, as he turned away, unable to face the other, "What am i going to do now?"

"There's something I haven't told you yet." The older stayed quiet for a bit, shaking his head slightly, "Before she fainted...when we were talking she already seemed sick."

Jungwon's eyes widened slightly, as he turned his head to the other, "What?"

"That's why I knew Eunji wasn't feeling well." Sunoo started to explain, "While we were in the middle of the conversation..outside the hospital room, she suddenly gasped for air and clutched her stomach. Eunji said she was feeling nauseous, so I brought her to a doctor. That's why we took so long."

Jungwon just blankly stared ahead, listening to his friend's explanation. That's why the younger and the others didn't see both Eunji or Sunoo when they looked through the door window, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"She asked me not to tell you...Eunji told me that it wasn't serious. And even in front of the doctor she played it down. When the doctor asked if she ate anything bad today she just shook her head, saying how she wasn't being able to eat today, because her abdomen hurt. So the doctor gave her simple pain killers. We didn't know that it was actually way more serious-"

"She..she lied to me?" Jungwon shook his head, his hands still trembling, "Eunji told me that it was only because she hasn't eaten all day. She lied. The whole time while we were outside. She acted like nothing was wrong."