Chapter seventeen

At around 12:30 we pulled into my driveway.

"See I didn't crash." Aiden said from the drivers seat. I won't admit it but she is a pretty good driver, even though she was like fifteen miles over the speed limit.

"Lucky you because mom would have killed you if you hurt tami." I said.

"She named the car?"

"Yep."

"That's weird."

"Tell me about it."

"Is she still awake?" I looked in through the window and the lights in the living room were still on.

"Yeah, she is pretty much nocturnal on weekends." I said. "like a raccoon."

"Last year we had a raccoon stuck in our attic." Aiden said shaking her head. "did not end well."

I laughed while a got out of the car. "What happened."

"Well my mom has a fear of raccoons and my dad has a fear of being in an attic for some weird reason and since everyone else was to young my brother and I had to get it out." she said. "it was stuck under a fallen piece of wood and for some reason it hated my brother so he couldn't get at it with out being bit so I had to do it by myself."

"Dude did it attack you?" I asked.

"No but it has a lot of broken bones and when we took it to the vet it had to be put down." she said as I unlocked the door.

"That's sad."

"Yeah we brought it back and had a funeral for it in our yard."

"That's cute."

We walked into the house and mom was sitting in the living room reading. "How was the concert?"she asked.

"Awesome." I said. "We got you a CD."

"He means I got you a CD." Aiden said handing it to her.

"Hey I paid for half."

"Yeah but it was my idea."

"Whatever."

"Thank you both." mom said standing up. "Did you get anything Aiden?"

"Yeah I got a shirt." she said holding it out for mom to see.

"It's nice, Gabe did your band win?"

"No, they came in third though." they totally should have won.

"I see." mom checked her watch. "It's pretty late, Aiden honey do you just want to stay the night."

Whoa whoa whoa don't I get a say in this. "yeah sure." Aiden said. I guess I don't. "I just have to call home and ask first."

"Okay." mom said.

Aiden took out her phone and started walking into the kitchen. "Yeah it's me, is it okay if I stay here over night."

After she was out of a ear shot I turned to mom and said. "Don't you think you should have asked me before you invited her to stay."

Mom looked at me. "nope."

"Really mom."

"Are you saying you are upset that she is staying?"

Was I upset. No not really but if my friends found out I would never hear the end of it. "no."

"Than there is no problem." she said just as Aiden walked back in.

"They said I can stay." she said.