Chapter eightteen

On monday I wake up with massive pressure in my head and tightness in my throat. I have cold sweats, my head aches, my sinuses are about to explode, my nose is runny, and I lack the energy to move. Yep I am definatly sick, and not just a small cold, but some sort of flu. I don't even bother to get up, there is no way I can go to school like this. After ten mintues of me lying in bed and trying to get back to sleep mom opens my bedroom door, with out even bothering to knock.

"Gabe stop being lazy and get out of bed." She said, she was in the middle of getting ready for work so her hair was still a a mess and she clearly hasn't had any coffee yet.

"I'm not being lazy." I said into my pillow. "I have a flu."

"Are you sure." She asked. I usually don't fake sick but for some reason she always ask to be sure. I looked up at her even though that small movement used the precious energy I have, and I'm sure she could tell by my face that i was telling the truth. "Okay you can stay home."

"Thanks." I said. "Don't be late for work."

Fifteen mintues and some nyquill later I hear moms car pull out of our drive way. Lying back down I wait for the nyquill to start working so I can sleep through this flu, lucky for me drowsy medication always knocks me out completely. Just as I was entering my dream land, a place filled with rock bands and cinnamon buns, the doorbell rings causing me to be pulled back to the real world.

Groaning I walk clumsaly down the stairs to the front door. "What?" i whine to Lexi who is standing outside.

"Well hello to you to mister grumpy pants." She said, obvilously in a good mood, which is weird for her on a monday. "Why aren't you ready for school."

"I'm sick, thanks to you." I said, even though it was technically my fault for going over to her house saturday, I just hope Aiden didn't get sick as well.

"Don't go blaming me." She said trying to sound mad, but she couldn't pull it off today, she must be extemely happy about something.

"What has gotten you so up beat." I ask.

She scratched her nose, something I know she does when she is trying to keep a secret. "I can't tell you yet."

"Why not?"

"It's a surprise, and I want to tell everyone at the same time."

"You know if you don't tell me than I will tell everyone youhave a secret and they will keep annoying you all day."

She sighed, she knew I would actually do it. "Okay fine."

"Well what is it?" I asked and then sniffled.

"Drake and I are offically dating!" She squealed. Lexi at times can be a bit of a tomboy, but when it comes to stuff like this she is the girliest person I know.

"That's great." I said. I really was excited but I probably didn't sound it because I was so tired. That nyquill works fast.

"It's amazing isn't it." She said in a lovestruck voice. "He asked me over the weekend when I was sick, he brought me some of his moms homemade tea and tissues and then we watched movies it was awesome."

"Lex." I said knowing she would talk forever and i really needed to sleep. "Don't you have school."

'Oh right, thanks." She said running down the driveway. She then shouted back. "Get better soon!"

Finally I can sleep.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"I don't understand how I got sick and you didn't." I said to Aiden on the phone at lunch. Lexi told her i was sick so she called to check in on me. "She hugged you not me."