Chapter twenty nine

"Gabe." Kara Blane said to me during study hall.

"Yeah." I said and looked up from the text book i was pretending to read, while i was really watching you tube video's on my phone, and texting people.

"Are you and Aiden going to the dance next week?" She asked. Kara and I are not exactly friends, but she has always been nice. She does seem to know everything that goes on in school, but she never spread any rumors, and to be honest i would trust her with most of my secrets.

"Yeah we are planning to." I answered.

"Cool." She said. "Are you guys hoping to win Winter king and queen."

"No." I said laughing under my breath.

"To bad I probably could have pulled some strings." She said. Every year the dance comity and student council pick the Winter king and Queen for the dance, and since Kara is the head of the dance comity, she could probably manage to swing a couple of voters. I know a lot of couples try and suck up to them in order to win.

"Kara?" I questioned. "I know you want something?"

She bit her lip and sighed. "Fine. Do you know if Ian is going with anyone?"

"Ian?" I questioned, then i remembered how a few months ago Owen told me Kara had a crush on Ian and he also gave her his phone number. "Oh I get it."

"Yeah." She said embarrassed. "So is he?"

"As far as I know he isn't, but who knows with him?" I said. "Why don't you just ask him yourself?"

"I don't know..." She said. "I don't really know him that well, and he might find it weird."

"It's Ian, you can't say anything weirder than him." I said. "Have you even talked to him since Owen gave you his number?"

She seemed surprised. "Oh, you know about that?"

"Yeah. So have you?"

"Only a couple of times" she confessed. "I lied and said I needed notes from history"

"Ah great cover up." I joked. "But seriously, you should just ask him. I mean the worst that could happen is he says no."

"Yeah. You're probably right." She said and shook her head. " I'm just being paranoid."

"Little bit."

"Thanks Gabe, and please don't tell anyone about this, at least not yet."

"No problem."

"Thanks." She said as the bell rang. She grabbed her stuff and before she turned to leave said, "tell Aiden I said hi."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Okay so don't hate me but..." Lexi started to say but I cut her off.

"To late for that." I said.

Lexi didn't even take into account my comment and kept talking. "Anyway, I have to steal Aiden from you Sunday afternoon."

"You know stealing works better when you don't tell the person about it." I pointed out. "Anyway it's not like I own her or anything."

"Okay great." Lexi said. We were currently hanging out in her basement. Lately I have been busy with Aiden and school, and she has been busy with Drake and student council, so we haven't had time to really hangout like we used to.

"What do you need to steal her for anyway?" I asked and looked through her stack of board games.

"Shopping." She said.