Chapter twenty one

"Why?" I ask extremely worried. "What happened.?"

"They found out who vandalized my classroom." Mom said.

"What! Who was it?" I ask slash yell. "Was it a student?"

"No." Mom said and ran up stairs. "Get ready and I will explain on the way."

"Okay."

I ran up stairs and pulled on the first clothes I could find. I heard mom explaining the situation to my aunt aas quickly as she could. "I will try to be back in time to drive you guys to the airport but if not you guys will have to take a cab."

"I understand." Aunt sharon said."You go take care of this."

"Thanks." Mom said running out of her room. She didn't look the way she usually does, which is clean cut and professional, but now she looked disheavled and tired. "Gabe let's go."

"Okay." I said pulling on my shoes

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Mom did not explain on the way to the station. I guess she was scared that if she spoke she would cry or freak out or something, because every time I asked she ignored me and stayed focused on the road.

When we arrived at the station I still had no idea who was responsible for ruining my mom's classroom, and I was surprised to see Sarah Morgan sitting in the holding cell.

"Her?" I ask shocked. Professer Morgan's wife was probably the last person I would have suspected, I mean her husband is a creep but she seemed nice enough at dinner.

"Yes." A police women said coming up to us. "She is the one that did this."

"Are you sure?" My mom asked her. She was probably just as confused as I was.

"Yes ma'am we are sure." She said glancing back at Sarah. "We found a finger print on one of the broken desk, we didn't think we would find a match for it but we did and it matches hers."

"I can't believe this." Mom said holding her head. I doubt this is helping her hang over.

"We are going to need to know if you want to press charges."The police women said. I could tell mom was thinking hard about this, and if she wanted to press charges or not. "You can take your time."

"Thank you." Mom said.

"And one more thing." She said. "Sarah made it clear she would only give her statement to you."

She nodded. "This day just keeps getting better." I heard her mumble under her breath as she made her way to go talk to Sarah. ''I enjoyed my divorce more."

I sat down on one of the chairs, but I was still close enough to hear mom talking to Sarah.

''Why did you do this?" Mom asked. "What did I ever do to you?"

"Don't act like you don't know." Sarah said. I could hear resientment in her voice that wasn't there when I first met her.

"I have no idea what you are talking about, I barely know you." Mom said.

"You think I don't know what has been going on." Sarah said. "You really think I'm that stupid Tristen."

"I don't know what you mean, what's going on?" Mom said to her, I couls tell she was telling the truth and she really doesn't know what is going on.

"You have been trying to take my husband away from me!" Sarah yelled. Okay that is just ridiculous, mom would never date creepy Professer Morgan.

"What!" Mom said clearly surprised by the accusation. "I have done no such thing."