Chapter eight

"I still don't see why I can't talk to her?" Ian said the next day at lunch.

"Because you scare her doofus." Lexi said taking a bite from her sandwich.

"Lexi why must you insult me every chance you get?"

"Because if I remind you how horrible you are one day you might actually change."

"People don't change Lexi."

"It's true his mom has been trying to change him for years." I said.

"Excuse me for being hopeful."

"Anyway." Ian said. "I don't see why the girl is scared of me, I'm extremely loveable."

"Please." Lexi snorted.

"And how come Lexi can talk to her but I can't?"

"Because Lexi is a girl and she doesn't scare Aiden as much."

"That's not fair." Ian said.

"Don't even get me started on things not being fair." Owen said coming up to are table.

We would have asked him what was wrong but he was going to tell us anyway so it doesn't matter.

"Breanna has a volley ball tournament in Fresno this weekend so her and her parents are gonna be gone and some how I got conned into babysitting her brother all weekend. why must love be so hard."

"But you love little Wesley." Lexi said. I mentally laughed at the nickname we gave Breanna's five year old brother. " Why would you complain about that?"

"Because I had tickets to the Star Wars marathon at the theatre."

"You know Breanna isn't going to force you to do anything, you don't have to say yes to her." Lexi said.

"I know, but I can't say no, it's impossible for me." Owen said. "now give me food."

I gave Owen half of my sandwich and started eating my half.

"Here." Lexi said sliding the rest of her food over to Owen. "looking at Ian made me lose my apatite."

"Owen are you just going let her insult your brother?" Ian said.

"She gave me food, so yeah." Owen said digging into Lexi's mashed potatoes.

"You do realize since we are identical she insulted you to."

"I did not." Lexi said. "it isn't you'd face that makes me sick, it's your everything else."

"Hey." I said trying to change the subject from Ian's face. "where is Breanna anyway?"

"Pwatice." Owen said with food in his mouth. blech I hate it when people talk with food In there mouth.

"Gabe come on." Lexi said standing up.

"Where?" I asked.

"I gotta do some research in the library and you're coming with me."

"Why me?"

"Because Owen is kinda grossing me out the way he is eating and Ian grosses me out anyway."

"I heard that." Ian said.

"Anyway come on." Lexi said pulling my arm.

"But my sandwich." I said.

"You can eat on the way." she said pulling my arm.

"Fine." I said and stopped resisting.

The school library is much smaller than the public one, but still fairly large. Whoever designed it though was not very smart because the shelves are nine feet high and no one can reach the top shelf with out a ladder.