Chapter thirteen

I looked at myself in the mirror, the Elvis costume doesn't look as bad as i thought but I would rather be a jedi. It was almost time to leave for the dance and i just had to wait for Aiden to get here.

"Ding dong."

"Elvis get the door!" Mom called the kitchen.

"Har har." I said running down stairs.

"Hey." Aiden said as i opened the door. "Wow you look awesome."

"So do you." I said looking over her costume. She did look good in her mad hatter costume. Her red hair was pulled back and she the full outfit identical to the one from the movie. I really can't believe she got a costume that realalistic.

"Gabe were those somemore trickertreaters?" Mom asked coming out from the kitchen holding a bowl of candy. Our neighborhood always gets a lot of trickertreaters and mom always goes all out. "Why Aiden don't you look great."

"Thanks you to." Aiden said. My mom decided to go as a nurse this year. How boring.

"Well we better get going." I said hoping to leave before my mom has a chance to embarres me.

"Okay." Mom said. "Be home by midnight."

"Okay." I said before closing the door. "Elvis has left the building."

I could hear my mom laughing inside the house. 'That was horrible." Aiden said.

"Don't hate the player hate the game." I said.

"That one was even worse."

I stuck my tounge out at her. very mature Gabe. The voice in my head said, just when i thougth i got rid of that.

She just rolled her eyes at me and kept walking. We past a lot of tricker treaters on the way and they all waved at us. Me being awkward with children i just smiled a little but Aiden waved and said hi and i swear some of there eyes lit up when she did.

"What happened to you being shy?" I joked.

"Thats only with older people." She said still waving at little kids. "Kids are different."

"How?" I asked.

She sighed. "Kids never lie, they speak there minds, they don't hide there feelings and they don't insult or try to hurt you just because they can."

"Oh." I said.

We walked in silence for a second. "Can i ask you something?"

"Shoot." She said.

"What did Keysha say to you in the bathroom?" I asked. Surprisingly no one has asked me about it in school although i have noticed people giving Aiden and I glares so i guess they all just chose to believe what Keysha said. Either way not knowing what happened was killing me.

Aiden actually stopped walking and stared at me. "I'm surprised it took you this long to ask."

"I don't like invading people's privacy."

"So you read all the stuff she posted online?"

"Yeah." I said. Basically Keysha just kept saying that Aiden was up in her face alling her names and shit. "I know none of it is true though."

"Why don't you believe it?" She asked looking at the ground.

"Because i know you wouldn't do something like that." i said walking closer to her.

She laughed a bit. "What makes you think i wouldn't.?"

"Because i know you." I said. Aiden looked like she was about to cry. I'm not one of those wimpy guys that can't deal with girls crying but i still don't like it when they do. "I like to think I know you better than most people."