Chapter sixteen

On the way to my house I asked Aiden if she was okay stopping at Lexi's to see how she is doing. Good thing she said yes because Lexi was probably going mad at home by herself. She has a weird hatred of being alone.

"I should warn you about somethings." I said stopping outside Lexi's house.

"Like what." Aiden said looking a little scared.

"Well when Lexi gets sick she gets very touchy feely, so if you hugs you don't fight it but try not to breath or you will get sick." I said.

She laughed. "Is that it?"

"It's worse than you think." I said walking up the steps.

I was about to open the door since I was told by both Lexi and her parents that I don't have to knock, but then the door swung open, fortunately for me it swings in or I would have been hit with a face full of door.

"Oh hello Gabe." Lexi's mom said stepping out of her house. "

"Hey." I said. "I didn't think you would be here with Lexi being sick." I'm not the only one that avoids Lexi when she is sick. The minute Lexi was old enough to be home alone her parents tried staying away when she is sick.

"Well she ran out of tissues and soup so I had to get her some, I'm escaping now though." she said. "I'm surprised you're here."

"Well I thought since she was alone and miserable most of the day I would check on her." I'm such a good friend.

"Well go in if you're brave enough." she said laughing. It was then she actually noticed Aiden. "Well who is this?"

"That's Aiden." I said.

"Oh yes Lexi told me about you." she said. "i believe her exact words were I finally know someone who has a high enough IQ to comprehend everything I say."

"Wow." I said. Here I am trying to make her feel better when she is sick and she thinks I'm dumb.

"Anyway it's nice to finally meet you dear." She said.

"Nice to meet you to mrs. Statman." Aiden said.

"Oh just call me Donna, mrs. Statman is my mother in law."

"Okay." Aiden said and Lexi's mom practically ran to her car, not that I blame her for trying to get away from Lexi.

"Are you ready for your doom?" I said dramatically.

"Yes, I have been ready my whole life." Aiden said equally dramatically.

"Okay here we go."

We entered the house and walked upstairs to Lexi's room. "Lex." I said quietly knocking on the door.

I heard her jump up and run to the door. "Oh my god you're here!" She squealed, although it didn't sound right with her blocked sinuses.

"Yep." I said walking into her room as fast as I could to avoid a hug. Rover was lying on the foot of her bed but he rolled off and came over to us. "hey rover."

Rover moved by me without looking at me once and went to Aiden who crouched down to pet him.

"Careful, he doesn't like strangers..." I said but was surprised that he was wagging his tail and letting her pet him. Weird.

"It's a sign." Lexi said sniffling. "The women is a saint."

Me and Aiden laughed at that. "I always wanted a dog." she said.

"Same." I said. "But moms allergic to pretty much all pet hair."

"Yeah it's true once he AAAACHOOO." Lexi sneezes very loudly it's really annoying. " Once he found a rock in his yard and pretended it was a dog for like a month.