Chapter twenty six

I was worried about Aiden. Even though she assured me that she was fine, I still felt slight anger towardsed everyone that couldn't mind their own business and kept staring.

"Are you sure you don't want me to say anything?" I ask as we approach our lunch table.

"Gabe if you say something, they will just stare more." She said. "They will get over the fact that we are dating eventually."

"You are handling this better than I thought." I told her.

"What can I say." She said. "I'm more mature than you."

I can totally be mature. She is just being a stupid head.

"Well there are our favourite lovebirds." Ian said to us when we sat down.

"Hey what about us?" Breanna said and held up her and Owen's intertwined hands.

"And what about Drake and I?" Lexi said glaring at him.

"Well you see, Owen is my brother, so it would just me weird if he was my favourite, and well of course Lexi won't be in my favourite anything." Lexi through one of her French fries at him. He ate it. "And come on let's face it, none of us ever thought Gabe would find another girlfriend."

That was insulting enough, but what was worse was everyone agreeing, including Aiden.

"You're one to talk, mister 'Haven't had a girlfriend since seventh grade." That brought a fit of laughter from the group.

"I don't need a relationship to be happy. Unlike you guys," He pointed to Owen and me. "I am free to flirt, date, or do whatever I want with any girl, and believe me I have."

"Ugh you are such a pig, Ian." Lexi scoffed.

"I agree." Breanna said.

"Haters gonna hate." Ian shrugged.

After that everyone broke into there own conversations. Aiden and I worked on my French, Ian and Owen went on about some sports game, and Breanna and Lexi started talking about the upcoming Winter formal.

"Oh Aiden I forgot to ask you." Breanna said. "Did you pick out a dress yet."

"Dress?" Aiden questioned, clearly not knowing what they were previously talking about.

"Yeah for the formal." Lexi said. "We still haven't gotten ours and you can come shopping with us if you want."

"I thought you had a dress picked out for weeks?" Owen asked Breanna.

"Yeah I brought it back. It didn't go with the hair style I wanted."

I will never understand women.

"You guys are going to the formal, right?" Lexi asked Aiden and I.

I didn't even really consider buying tickets to the winter formal. I have had way bigger things on my plate, and I didn't think Aiden would have been up for the formal.

"Gabe never asked me to go." Aiden said simply.

Breanna and Lexi both gasped and glared at me in shock and disapproval. "I didn't think you would want to go." I said defending my case.

"You should have asked her Gabe." Breanna said to me like I was stupid.

"Well what would you have said if I did?" I asked.

"I would have said yes if you wanted me to go with you." She said. I heard Breanna and Lexi aweing, but I ignored them and continues my conversation with Aiden. Or maybe it was an argument now. I really didn't know.