Chapter eleven

The days went by fast and it was now a day before Halloween. I am standing in my bedroom staring at my costume. I wanted to go as a Jedi but no I had to lose a bet with Owen and now in going as Elvis. The bet was that if I got less that three baskets in are one on one I had to dress as Elvis and unfortunately I'm not that good at basketball.

"Gabe your going to be late for school." my mom called from down stairs.

"I'm coming." I yelled. Running down the stairs I almost trip and fall on my face but I manage to catch myself with my ninja skills.

"You okay?" Mom said walking out of the kitchen.

"Yes." I said. "Can I have food?"

"Have a apple." she said throwing a apple at me.

"Fine." I said. I'm not a big fan of apples but I really don't care at this point.

"Bye."

"Bye."

I started walking to school when I saw Owen, Ian and Lexi walking.

"Hey guys." I called out.

"Hey man." Ian and Owen said at the same time. Stupid twin telepathy thing.

"Hey Gabe you excited for your first date with Aiden next weekend?"Lexi asked.

"It's not a date we are just going to a concert." I said.

"There is a boy and a girl going out somewhere together, that's a date."

"So does that mean that when you and Ian go to the movies together it's a date?"

"Ew no." she said. "Plus we never go alone."

"So when you two go with Breanna and Owen it's a double date."

"No gross." she said. "it only counts if the two people like each other and I could never like this doofus."

"Hey I'm right here." Ian said.

"What makes you think me and Aiden like each other?" I asked.

"Simple. She actually talks to you and you always act all weird and fidgety when you like a girl."

"I do not act all fidgety."

"Yes you do when you liked Terra Collins you were always fidgety."

"That was third grade I was fidgety all the time."

"True but now you are fidgety because you like her."

"I don't like her. And can we stop saying fidgety?"

"Fine."

"Hey does anyone know how Kara Blane got my phone number?" Ian said looking at his phone.

Me and Owen both looked at each other and said. "No idea."

"So how is the Halloween party planning going." Owen asked.

"Great." Lexi said. "I think this year is going to be the best."

"Well with you in charge." I said.

"Well technically the president is in charged but he doesn't do anything at all." She said.

"Well I think you are the best person to be the boss." I said. "You are smart and just a little bit scary."

"Gabe that's so sweet." she said. "So what are you going as Owen?"

Owen sighed. "Me and Breanna are going as the smurfs."

"Awe that's cute." Lexi said.

"What about the Star Trek costume you had since august?" I asked.