Chapter twenty five

Aiden and I just hung out after that. We watched TV, studied like we would have been doing anyway, we attempted to make food which ended in a mess that we had to clean up, it was the same way we used to hang out before all the drama went down, but was different this time. We weren't hanging out as two friends anymore, we were boyfriend and girlfriend. I mean in a way we were still friends, because we could still act like friends, and we also promised that we would stay friends no matter what happened. Unless one of us commits mass murder of something.

After a while Aiden's parents, or well foster parents, still getting used to the idea of that, returned. Which meant I got to officially meet Randy. It actually wasn't to bad though. He was cool. He did warn me to "behave" with her. I don't want to know what he was thinking when he said that.

I had my phoned turned off all day, so when I turned it on again on my way home, I had at least thirty messages from various people. A quarter of them were from mom, another quarter from Lexi and Breanna, a couple from Owen, one from Ian, a few from Sal, and one from Keysha which I delete without reading. Most of the messages are asking things like "How did it go?" "What is happening?" "What aren't you answering me?" and most of them after that were far more threating. I sent a group message saying for them to all meet me at my house. I wanted them to all find out the same time, and I didn't want to tell them over the phone.

When I rounded the corner to get to my house, I saw Lexi, Owen and Ian all exiting there houses at the same time Breanna pulled up on her bike. Unfortunately then saw me to, and started running after me.

"Gabe!" I heard one of them yell.

"You better tell us what happened right now!" Another said, pretty sure it was Breanna.

"Wait until we get in the house, guys. "I said. Shamefully, I am quite amused by making them wait.

"Nuh uh." Owen said following me as I was walking up the steps. "You tell now."

"It will literally take a second to go inside." I tell them, but just as I did, mom hauled the door open and dragged me into the porch.

"Mom what the hell!" I exclaim. She just holds her hand up to me, and then goes back to talking on the phone like she was before.

"Yeah he just walked in guys." She said. I mouthed who is it to her and she said. "Sal, Sharon, and Manny." Then she gestured for my friends to bring me into the living room, were I was probably going to be interrogated about todays events.

"So are you ever going to tell us?" Lexi asked, well it sounded more like a demand.

"When mom comes in." I say.

"Why can't you just tell us now?" Ian asks.

"Because I want you all to hear at the same time." I state.

"That's totally unfair." Lexi whined.

"Yeah you are just doing that to torture us." Breanna said as mom walked into the living room with the phone still pressed against her ear.

"It doesn't matter, she's here now." I tell them, even though I do enjoy torturing them this way.

"Yes." Mom said into the phone, and glared at me. "He is about to explain everything."

Everyone turns to look at me. It was kind of intimidating to be honest.

"Well?" Ian and Owen said at the same time.

"Tell us what happened." Mom said.

I hesitate for just a second so I can see them waiting in anticipation. "Aiden and I started dating." I tell them.