Chapter twenty eight

On Saturday morning, the morning of Aiden's birthday I was getting everything ready for her when she came over. I had gotten the tiger Lilies like Ian said and had her present all ready in my room. I still couldn't believe i managed to pull it all together in only a few days. Mom was currently out picking up something for Aiden and i was currently pacing in my kitchen, hoping i had everything right. It was nearly one o clock so Aiden should have been arriving any minute. Hopefully with a drivers license.

Aiden arrived at one o clock exactly. Scary punctual. "How did it go?" I asked before she even made through the door. "Did you pass?"

"Fuck yeah I passed." She said and waved her license in my face. "Have you ever known me to fail anything?"

"You make a good point." I said and handed her the tiger lilies. "Happy birthday."

"Wow thanks." She said taking the flowers. "Tiger lilies are my favorite you know."

"I do know." I said and pulled her into the kitchen for the rest of her gifts."

"How?" She asked.

"Ian." I answered

"Ohhhh I see." She said and smelt the flowers.

"Here you go." I said and gave her the box of chocolates.

"Gabe you are spoiling me." She said dramatically.

"It's your birthday you deserved to be spoiled." I pointed out. "So how was your breakfast with Toby?"

"Same way it is every year." She said and ate one of the chocolates. "Started out gross, then became funny, and good."

"Thats good." I said. "So are you ready for your present?"

"The flowers and chocolate wasn't my present?" She questioned.

"Nope." I said. She was going to be so surprised when she got it. " Close your eyes and wait."

"Okay fine." She said and obeyed.

"I'll be right back." I said and went up to my room to get her present. I had to keep it up there so she wouldn't find it, because it wasn't really something that could be wrapped. I had trouble getting it down without making any noise, but some how i managed to do it. "Okay, open your eyes." I said and held her gift in front of her face.

She opened her eyes and practically screamed. "Oh my god!!!! Gabe you didn't!!!" She exclaimed. Even though her gift didn't cost much, the smile on her face and the twinkle in her eye would have been worth anything.

"Yes, I did." I said and she squealed again.

"You got me a puppy!" She yelled and took the small dog from my arms. "I can't believe it."

"Well believe it." I said. She moved from the chair to the floor so she could play with him. He immediately loved her, just like she did with him. The dog was a German Shepard puppy, and the runt of the litter i got him from. I figured Aiden would want the underdog.

"What's his name." She said while playing with the dog.

"Kako." I told her. "A girl mom works with was selling them."

"Awe that's a cute name." She said.

"I know, and don't worry i already talked to Alyssa and Randy, they are perfectly fine with this." I said, and sat down so i could play with Kako to.

"Thanks Gabe." Aiden said and leaned over to give me a hug. "This was by far the best birthday ever."

"I wanted to make sure it was. That's why the other day when you were playing with Lexi's dog, i knew what to get you." I said.