Chapter thirty

I thought Thursday was going to be normal. The same boring classes, same boring teachers, same annoying peers. The typical Thursday stuff...boy was I freaking wrong.

The day started fine. Everything was going perfectly until lunch rolled around, which was when it turned into the worst possible day ever.

I was the last one to get to the cafeteria, because the hour long video about the holocaust in history really wore me out, meaning I was walking super slow. Meaning I was the last one to walk in on the chaos

When I got there, Keysha was already on top of a table and trying to get everyone's attention.

"hello!" She yelled over the buzz of the cafeteria chatter. "Thank you." She said once she had everyone focused on her. This can't be good

"As you all know." Keysha spoke loudly. "Gabe Trudeau, my ex boyfriend, has started dating our schools very own loner girl." Definitely not good.

"For those of you who are not exactly sure who that is, it's that redhead over there." she pointed right at our table where Aiden was slinking down in her seat. "Her name is Aiden. Aiden Barkley."

Aiden looked over at me from where she was sitting with Breanna and Lexi, and raised an eyebrow at me. I just shook my head since i had no idea what Keysha was about to do.

"Shy, sweet, innocent." keysha went on. "That's probably what you all think about her. A girl that is well, let's face it, easy to over look."

"Leave it alone Keysha." Lexi practically growled.

I have always known Keysha was afraid of Lexi, not that i really blame her, but despite the little bit of worry i saw, she didn't stop talking.

"Well this straight A student, is not what she seems." Keysha started walking back and forth on top of the table. Where the hell is a teacher when you need one?

"Keysha whatever you are doing, knock it off." Breanna sneered.

Keysha just ignored her. Whatever she wanted to say she was determined to get it out. "Aiden may sell her oh so perfect act at school, but i know for a fact she doesn't have perfect home life at all."

Seriously what is she doing? there was no doubt everyone was intrigued now. Everyone is a sucker for good gossip. Where the heck are Ian and Owen? I know they would create a distraction or something to help.

"You see,"Keysha went on. "Aiden doesn't live in a nice fancy house with her nice perfect family. In fact, she lives in a foster home." Oh fuck.

The whole room gasped and broke into chatter. Aiden's jaw was practically on the floor and she looked more surprised than anyone. How did Keysha find out about that? The only people who Knew were our friends. Breanna and Lexi looked just as confused as i must have, and also angry.

"Hello!" Keysha yelled to try and regain everyone's attention, but ultimately failed. No one noticed her until one of her friends got up on the table, put their fingers in their mouth and whistled. "Thank you. Now as shocking as that piece of information was, i am still not done."

what else could she possibly have to say? What else could she possibly know?

I saw Aiden gulp, and Keysha smirked at her and said, "Now you are all probably wondering why she is in foster care. Some of you probably came to the conclusion that she lost her parents in a tragic accident." Oh god she doesn't know does she? "Well that's really not how it happened."

When i looked at Aiden i could tell she was thinking the same thing. "You see Aiden's mother, Thalia i think her name was." Keysha turned to Aiden and smiled evilly. "Right Aiden?"