Chapter 52

A/N: Here it is, the very last installment of Everything Inbetween Bones A.K.A. Sad Gay Boys Figure Out Life. The song for this chapter is Throwing Punches And Taking Hits by Elizabeth Grace. I'm kind of crying and drinking fake wine to celebrate this. I hope you enjoy it. I know I've said this, but the new book is coming out soon, I've already started it, you can follow me if you want so you don't miss the release, I think you guys will really enjoy it. The next one is focusing more on ADHD and figuring out sexuality amidst a homophobic environment, it's going to be a lot of fun to write and I hope to see you there. Enjoy this and remember to take care of yourself!

Logan held his breath as he stood on the scale, biting the inside of his cheek, keeping his eyes off the number. He wasn't sure what he was so anxious about, he knew he'd gained weight, he'd gotten used to that. He was almost 4 months into recovery and he'd slipped up a couple of days, but for the most part, he'd been doing good and he felt a lot better too. He glanced up at Oliver who was wearing a small, proud smile as he wrote Logan's new weight down. 

"What is it?" Logan asked, looking up at him and Oliver set the chart on the bathroom sink. 

"A hundred." Oliver said with a grin and Logan's eyes widened, looking to the scale in somewhat disbelief as Oliver wrapped his arms around his waist, gently kissing his neck. "I'm so proud of you, Bear. Are you alright?" He asked and Logan nodded. There was a part of him that was terrified, there'd been a time where he'd vowed never to reach a hundred pounds again, but another part of him was excited that'd he'd reached such a big milestone and he'd made so much progress. He wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry. 

"I..I can't believe I did it." He said softly and he giggled softly when Oliver kissed his cheek. 

"I can, you've worked really hard to get here." Oliver said softly. "How about we go celebrate? We can go to the overlook or go out for ice cream or something." 

"We could bring ice cream to the overlook." Logan suggested. 

"Wouldn't it melt before we got there?"

"Maybe we can go on a hike and get ice cream on the way back." Logan said and Oliver nodded. 

"Yeah, get on some clothes and then we can drive over and walk the trail for a bit." Oliver said. Logan smiled and walked to his room, pulling on a t-shirt and jeans. He'd had to start buying new clothes, that was one of the things that nagged at him, realizing he wasn't small enough to fit in his old jeans anymore, but he knew that was inevitable. He was at least glad that Oliver never commented on it. They had an unspoken rule against discussing weight or calories unless Logan brought it up, Oliver never even ventured far enough to say he looked healthier. He sometimes instead brought up how Logan looked brighter or complimented his personality which Logan thought was kind of sweet.

---

Logan giggled softly, keeping his arms securely around Oliver's neck with his legs wrapped around his waist as Oliver walked the trail. Oliver shifted every now and again to get a firmer hold on Logan's legs. Logan had kind of thought when he said 'hike' he'd meant they'd both be hiking, but then Oliver had offered him a piggy back ride and how was he supposed to refuse? He rested his chin atop his boyfriend's head, gently poking his cheek.

"How long until we're there?" He asked, looking out at the woods, it was interesting to see it from a different perspective.

"Like ten minutes." Oliver said and Logan smiled.

"It's really warm today."

"I know, it's great, it would be the perfect time for a photoshoot." Oliver said with a small smirk.