Chapter 39

A/N: Hey, got the next chapter here for you guys! Now I have an essay to write and a pile of homework to do, but I hope you like this. Also, I'm kind of obsessed with this song right now, check it out. I feel like a lot of people don't talk about it, but there's a serious overlap in drug use and self harm, they're both self-destructive and addictive and I guess that's why I've identified with Grandson's music a lot the last few years. Anyways, have a good week, dudes, the next chapter is going to be hectic so prepare yourselves and I'll get it out soonish.

Logan sat at the table with his dads, picking at his grilled cheese. He'd spent most of the day in his room working on an essay for history. He would have spent his Saturday with Oliver, but Oliver was at work until 7 and Logan figured he'd be too tired after work to hang out. His dads had insisted on having dinner together because they were home early, and Matthew had made lasagna (166). Logan didn't like lasagna so Matthew made him a grilled cheese (400) instead, which he also couldn't eat, but it was fine, he'd talk so much, and drink so much water that they'd forget he didn't take a bite of it, and they'd forget he didn't eat lunch or breakfast either, and he'd forget that he was ever hungry at all. His plan wasn't exactly fool proof, but he couldn't think of a better one.

He hadn't felt like eating lately, he just couldn't make himself do it with everything going on in his head the past few days. He hadn't talked to Sy about Jace, or anyone else for that matter, and he knew bottling it up was a bad idea, but he didn't really have anyone to tell. He didn't want to accidentally out Jace or make Sy mad if he didn't want anyone knowing. He usually told Oliver things, but this wasn't one of those things.

"Oliver hasn't been coming over much, you guys aren't arguing or anything, are you?" Matthew asked and Logan shook his head with a little smile, taking a sip of his water.

"He's just at work today, we've both been busy lately, but we hang out at school." Logan said. They'd been hanging out when they could, sometimes they'd go over to Oliver's apartment, or Oliver would come over, but Logan sometimes wondered if Oliver wanted more from him, not that Oliver would ever push him to do anything he wasn't comfortable with, but it'd been a few weeks since they started dating and they hadn't gone past making out. Logan just sometimes felt like he wasn't doing enough for Oliver.

"Maybe we could take him out for dinner sometime." Allen said and Logan groaned.

"Papa, please tell me you're not going to take him out just to interrogate him all evening."

"No, he won't, because we know and trust Oliver." Matthew said, glancing over at his husband.

"As a friend." Allen said.

"Allen." Matthew said, looking over at him pointedly and Allen smiled.

"Yes, darling?"

"You absolutely cannot scare him away, you're sleeping in the guest bedroom for the rest of your life if you do."

"I'm sure Oliver wouldn't be scared of a few, very standard, questions." Allen said, taking a sip of his whiskey. Matthew sighed, running his fingers through his graying chocolate hair.

"What about next weekend, sunday maybe?" Matthew suggested.

"I'll ask him." Logan said with a small smile.

"Good, tell him we'll pay...maybe we could go to that one place we love so much, Citrus House? Oh, it's a lovely little restaurant and the outdoor seating is absolutely stunning." Allen said and Matthew grinned.

"It's been so long since we've gone on a date there, maybe we could get two tables and let the boys sit together." Matthew said.

"Wouldn't that kind of defeat the point of going out together so you can talk to him?" Logan asked with a quiet laugh.