Chapter 31

A/N: It's your friendly neighborhood cactus back at it again bringing you your inconsistent dose of sad gay shit. I know I said this would be out yesterday, but I finished it at 3 am and didn't have any brain space left to edit it, then I didn't have any time today until now. I chose Dizzy by Missio, it's a great song, give it a go if you haven't heard it before and I'd say give Missio a shot as a whole because it's a great band. Alright, without further ado, enjoy this chapter. 

Logan barely slept Thursay night, and he'd barely eaten anything for the past week leading up to the art contest. He didn't know why he was so stressed, it was just an art contest, and the odds were that he'd end up losing it anyways. He didn't really think he'd be any better than most of the other contestants, but whatever, Oliver wanted him to do it so he'd try anyways.

He'd finished the painting late Thursday night and he loved it, he was proud of it. He liked that feeling, knowing something he'd made was good, even if he couldn't call himself an artist, he could call something he'd made art. There was a part of him that didn't want anyone to see it, it was too obvious, too raw to show the world, or the little art museum that was hosting the contest anyways.

He got out of bed, running his fingers through his knotted curls. He couldn't believe he could be so stressed so early and still have to go to school. He just wanted to spend his time curled up, stressing, and probably sitting in a state somewhere between non-existing and existing. He shouldn't have been as anxious as he was, but he was always anxious for no reason anyways, what was the difference?

The redhead threw on a long sleeve shirt and a yellow hoodie over another sweater. He was always cold, it didn't matter much what he wore, and he wasn't sure whether to feel proud of himself for being so strong or hate himself for being this way. He picked up his pack of cigarettes and swore under his breath when he realized it was empty. He pulled on his jeans and left himself a mental note to go to the gas station before the contest. He couldn't buy them himself, but usually there was someone willing to pick him up a pack if he'd just forgotten his ID and offered to pay them for it.

He grabbed his phone and stuffed it into his hoodie pocket, dropping a pill from the prescribed bottle into the jar that would be slid back under his bed next to his journal. He grabbed his backpack and walked downstairs to get to the bus stop a few minutes early.

---

When lunch came, Logan didn't have any reason to sit in the library and hide from Sy any longer because the painting was finished, so he went through the lunch line and walked over to his usual table with all the hesitance of a boy entering a space he didn't feel he belonged anymore, clutching the tray like it was the only thing that would keep him from falling through the scuffed linoleum floor.

"Can I sit here?" He asked, looking at Sy who glanced back at the boy, setting down his sandwhich. Logan knew if Sy didn't want him there, he wouldn't feel comfortable staying even if everyone else did want him.

"Yeah, whatever." Sy said, taking a long sip of his soda. Logan nodded and sat down next to Ivy who was smiling a little.

"Thanks." He said quietly and Sy took a bite of his sandwich.

"Oh, hey, Mrs. Abernathy said we're going to start having rehearsals Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays until 5 after school now that we're only a month away from the opening, starting next week." Ivy said and Logan nodded.

"Yeah, the set painting is almost done, I'll just need another couple weeks to get done with the Queen's court room." Logan said, trying to suppress a smile as he saw Oliver walk in and sit down next to Grace.

"I think we're going to have an excellent production this year." Tyler said.

"Assuming you can get the mics to work." Ivy said with a little grin.