Chapter 34

A/N: Hey guys, how's your week going? I finished up this chapter and I hope you like it. I never been super into The Front Bottoms, not that they're bad, I just didn't take the time to listen to a whole lot of their songs, but now I'm warming up to them and I'm loving them more and more. I really liked Lonely Eyes and thought I'd share it because it kinda fits the story mood I think, also I didn't want to do another Crane Wives song because I would've, I'm addicted to them now. Anyways, here's the chapter, I hope you all have an amazing day, and drink some water if you've forgotten to today.

Logan spent most of Sunday at home because Oliver had work and Logan wasn't starting his job at the art shop until Monday, but he'd called Oliver that night to talk for a bit. He'd also been alone most of the day because both his dads had work and he'd just sat around reading and spent some time sketching, but hardly got out of bed. He didn't like feeling lazy, but it was kind of difficult when he didn't have the motivation to do anything but read, or sketch, or watch tv on his laptop. He didn't like saying he was depressed, he didn't really think he was. He didn't have any reason to be sad, and he was dating Oliver, he had the easiest life in the world. He had good friends, accepting parents, an amazing boyfriend, and a solid talent, with good grades to get him into college. What's wrong with me? Why can't I just be happy for once? I have everything.

On Monday he woke up around 3:00 am, almost two hours before his alarm clock would go off. He groaned, cold, and hungry, and tired all at once. His insomnia had been worse even though he wasn't having as many nightmares. He used to have much worse insomnia as a child with night terrors almost every night and he was sure it'd been hell for his dads to deal with having their nine-year-old knocking on their door at 2:30 in the morning crying. He still felt bad about that.

He spent most of the early morning lying in bed, trying to go back to sleep, At 4:00 he got up and drank three cups of coffee and got dressed, deciding it was pointless trying to go back to sleep, so he opted for watching the sunrise. He smiled, remembering sitting on the rocks at the overlook with Oliver, watching light pour into the horizon and over the treetops. He decided he wanted to paint that at some point.

His dad, Allen, came down the steps around 5:30. He walked out to the front porch where Logan was sitting on the steps, smoking a cigarette. Logan glanced up a bit when Allen sat down next to him, taking a cigarette out of his own pack. Logan silently handed him a lighter, already knowing he was going to ask.

"Have you slept? You look half-dead." Allen said and Logan shrugged.

"A bit."

"What time did you wake up?"

"Three." Logan said with a soft yawn before he picked an ashtray up off the step's railing, crushing out his cigarette. Allen was okay with him smoking; Matthew was about as okay with Logan smoking as he was with Allen smoking. He tolerated it as long as the house didn't smell like cigarettes. Logan had picked up the habit on his own, mostly because he'd heard nicotine was an appetite suppressant, but then he'd ended up liking how it felt and it'd been added to the list of bad habits.

"I can pick you up some Benadryl from the store if you need it." Allen said and Logan shook his head.

"I'm fine."

"Alright." Allen said, seeming to drop the subject. "How's school going?"

"Good, I have a test coming up in math, but I think I'm ready for it."

"That's good. You're a much better student than I was." Allen said with a soft sigh.

"I do my best." Logan said and smiled when Allen ruffled his hair with a smile of his own.