Chapter 7

A/N: I honestly don't know how I got this chapter up today, usually it takes me all week to write a chapter, but I was working on an essay all week and I finished this in a span of 3 hours and I'm proud. Also, I recently discovered Mother Mother for the absolutely amazing band that they are and I'm obsessed, so I'll be using their songs occasionally now. Anyways, enjoy the chapter, comment if you want, and have a good week, friends.

Logan stood looking in his bedroom mirror, it had almost been thirty minutes, he'd changed three times, Oliver was coming in twenty minutes. He adjusted his large, black, cableknit sweater over his dark, ripped jeans. The sweater was practically falling off of him, it'd sort of fit two summers ago, he hadn't grown at all, he'd just lost almost 40 pounds since then. He'd always been short, and he was always sort of skinny, but after he'd gotten home from the hospital freshman year, he just stopped, not just eating, but taking care of himself. He still showered, he couldn't stand to feel dirty, but he didn't sleep now, didn't take his meds, didn't go to therapy, didn't care what happened to him.

The boy ran a shaky hand through his hair, watching his curls fluff right back into place, it always looked messy to him but Ivy said his curls were cute, so maybe Oliver would think so too. He shook his head. No, it's not a date, we're friends, he's straight he scolded himself, pulling his black sleeve down over his hand. The boy took a breath and paced around his room a bit, thinking through how he wanted the night to go, then how it would probably go. He figured it couldn't get much worse than how he imagined the second version to go. He imagined something along the lines of taking one sip of the drink and then eating the entire tub of popcorn and half way through the movie excusing himself into the bathroom where he would try to throw it all up and not be able to, then Oliver would walk in, be way too freaked out, and leave again. He knew deep down that probably wouldn't happen, but it could, and if it could, it probably would, and then Oliver would be gone all over again.

The red-head was stopped when he heard a ring at the door and rushed down to get it, quickly pattering down the stairs to the front door. He smiled a little and opened the door, seeing Oliver. The tall, dark haired boy stood there in a black t-shirt, black jeans and of course, a leather jacket, his hair was messed up in the hot way, the almost-intentional-if-he-even-cared-enough-about-it-to-intend-that-look kind of messy.

"Hey, you're not wearing yellow." Oliver said with a smile, looking Logan up and down.

"I told you black makes me look depressed." He said self consiously. Oliver shook his head.

"You look good in black." He said and Logan looked up at him for a second before he blushed and turned away.

"I gotta, um, say goodbye to my dad." He said before he walked off to the kitchen as fast as he could with it still being socially acceptable.

"Hey, who's at the door?" His dad asked and Logan played with his sleeve.

"Oliver."

"Oliver Cross? Boy, I haven't seen you two hang out in a long time." He said before he walked out to see Oliver. "Oliver, how are you?" He asked and Oliver smiled to him.

"I'm good, how are you, Mr. Pierce?"

"I'm just fine." He said with a smile. "What happened with you two, I swear it was just yesterday you guys were having sleepovers all the time and hanging out and suddenly I don't hear about you ever anymore." He said and Logan smiled guiltily.

"Just growing apart, I guess." Logan mumbled and Oliver shrugged.

"Guess we haven't grown apart as much as we thought, though." The taller boy said, leaning against the counter.