Chapter 35

A/N: Alright, here it is, the boys spelunking and being cute. How's everyone's week going? We're almost at 100k so that's really fucking cool, I love you guys. I chose Metaphor by The Crane Wives because it's my jam at the moment and I love it so I hope you guys do to. Anyways, stay hydrated, wash your hands, and have a groovy weekend. 

Logan followed Oliver through the wooded area, his hand held like tether to his boyfriend as they trod through the dead leaves and weak twigs that were now covered in a thin layer of snow, but could still be heard crunching and snapping underfoot. It had snowed late monday night and carried through into the early tuesday morning. It was supposed to snow more and usually did early to mid-february. The sun was shining through the trees, glistening off the snow.

A small group of crows flew overheard, cawing to one another and Logan wondered what they were talking about.

"Did you know a flock of crows is called a murder?" He asked Oliver and the taller boy looked at him with a little grin.

"I feel like I should know that."

"They also do this thing called partial migration where a few fly south, and a few just stick it out."

"I wonder if the ones who stay back think the ones who fly up are pussies because they can't handle a little snow."

"Probably. You think that's what Canadians secretly think of us?" Logan asked and Oliver snorted.

"Yeah, they're probably just too polite to say it though." Oliver said and Logan giggled quietly.

They reached the cave entrance and Logan stared into the darkness of it. It wasn't huge, but it was big enough and Logan wondered how long it went on for. He looked to Oliver.

"Is this definitely a good idea?"

"Absolutely. I have a flashlight."

"What if it runs out of battery?"

"I have my phone and you have yours."

"What if we get lost?"

"GPS." Oliver said with a small smile, holding up his phone.

"What if there's no signal?"

"Then we go back the way we came. It can't be that deep a cave, we'll be fine, and we won't go in far, we won't take too many turns, and we'll only take left turns if we have to take them." Oliver said and Logan smiled.

"But what if you forget we decided to only take left turns?"

"Bear-" Oliver said and Logan giggled quietly. "Everything will be fine. We're going to explore a cave for a little while, then we'll come back and we can maybe go get some dinner somewhere, and then I'll drive you home, simple as that." Oliver said before leaning down to kiss the boy. "Come on-" He said, taking Logan's hand and walking in with him, flicking the flashlight on.

"Where are we getting dinner?" Logan asked. You should get out of it.

"I was thinking maybe that pasta place, Noodle Den?"

"I thought Noodle Den is the chinese place, Ravioli Brothers is the pasta place."

"Alright, Ravioli Brothers, what'do you think?" Oliver corrected. No.

"Isn't it expensive?"

"Not that expensive."

"But still expensive."

"Do you want to go there or not?"

"I might just get something at home."

"Are you sure? We don't have to get pasta, we could go somewhere else, we could get pizza."