Chapter 32

A/N: I know you guys have been waiting on this chapter for forever now, and I'm sorry, but I hope it meets expectations, because I loved writing it. Ladies, Gentlemen, and all the lovely peeps inbetween, this is the moment you have all been waiting for, go forth and accept this chapter. Also, I chose Jackie and Wilson just because Hozier said in an interview that he was really just writing it because it was cute and happy and he wanted to and I love that. Anyways, enjoy the chapter, I hope everyone's having a good week.

Logan smiled as he glanced over at Oliver who was driving down the road. They only had about an hour and a half before it got really dark, so they'd have to rush a bit, but Oliver already had firewood so at least they wouldn't have to go looking for it.

"Do you want to play some music? I have an aux cord in the glove compartment." Oliver said and Logan smiled.

"Yeah, are you okay with folk?"

"What kind of folk?"

"The Crane Wives." Logan said with a little smile.

"Never heard of em, give me the best first impression possible." Oliver said and Logan giggled.

"Okay, I've been into their Foxlore album lately so your choices are Pretty Little Things, Curses, or Nothing at All...actually, no, just kidding, you don't get a choice, Curses is the best option. But Pretty Little Things and Nothing at All are definitely next because you're going to love them" Logan said, scrolling through the songs and Oliver laughed.

Logan turned on the song and Oliver turned up the audio until it was loud enough to fill the small, busted up black ford, it was nowhere near as nice as Sy's car, but Logan liked it more for some reason. It smelled like smoke, there were cd cases on the back seats, a bag with spare work clothes, and the glove compartment came loose of it's own accord from time to time, but it felt like it belonged to someone and Logan liked that.

The upbeat tune of the song floated through the car as a woman's voice sang sweetly, following the fast rhythm of the drum and guitar. It was beautiful, and meaningful, and catchy at the same time. Logan had probably listened to it thirty times in the last week at the very least. When it finished, Logan paused the next song that was starting to come on and looked over at Oliver who was grinning a bit as he looked back at the boy.

"What do you think?"

"I think I like your folk music and I need to hear more of it right now." Oliver said and Logan giggled, turning pink as he nodded, turning on the next song.

"Oh my god, there's also this other one, Ribs, also by them, you're gonna love it."

---

It was dark by the time Oliver got the fire going, the last remnants of the sun had dipped down into the horizon leaving behind the full, bright moon in the vast expanse of space. Twinkling stars were sprinkled like snowflakes that refused to fall, all of them demanding to be looked at and remembered. Everything past the trees was pitch black, but their little clearing around the flames was well cast in the gentle golden light.

The two boys lay next to eachother in the grass, staring up at the endless night sky.

"I think when I die I want to become a star, do you think arrangements like that could be made? Like, with a priest or a..fortune teller maybe?" Logan asked, looking over at Oliver who shrugged.

"I don't know, maybe when you die you get to go to some registration office and decide what happens to you." Oliver said.

"Like the DMV, but times a thousand." Logan said with a giggle and Oliver laughed.