Chapter 38

A/N: Hey guys, let me just start off by saying I am so sorry this took so long, I know it's been forever but you'll have to forgive me, I've just been swamped. Anyways, the song is So Down by Mother Mother because it's fucking fantastic, and I hope you like this chapter. I hope everyone's having a good week and remember to take care of yourselves.

Logan stood slouched over the art shop counter with his elbow propped up on the countertop and his chin rested in his palm, waiting for someone to come in or something to happen. It was a slow day, Fridays always seemed to be for some reason. He was going to take break in a half an hour, so that was nice, though it would probably be pretty lonely without Oliver a shop over, usually they were able to kind of line up their breaks so they could hang out for a bit. He figured he'd just sit in the back and sketch until the thirty minutes were up so he could get back to standing around watching the cash register.

He stood up a bit as a girl with short, bright green hair walked in and he thought he recognized her from somewhere. Wasn't she at the art competition? Oh! Second place, right! He thought to himself as he played with his sweater sleeve, pulling it over his hands and twisting the fabric between his fingers. He glanced up to see her walking around and he wondered if she was mad at him for winning. She deserved to win more than you did, she would've if you weren't there, you basically stole her prize, what if she needed the scholarship? Of course she's mad at you, fuckingstupidbitch.

Logan took a shaky breath as she walked up to the counter, setting down a canvas, a set of oil paints, and a pencil set before she looked back at him again, a small smile on her face.

"Uh..is that all?" He asked and she nodded, so he went to work scanning items. "That'll be $32.45 then." He said and she handed him her credit card.

"Hey, don't I know you from somewhere?" She asked and he played with his sleeve again, taking a breath. "Oh yeah, you won first place in that art contest, didn't you?" She asked and he nodded.

"Yeah, but really you deserved first place, mine was basically vent art, I just joined because a friend of mine thought it would be good for me." He said quietly.

"Nah, I saw your piece, the skeleton one? That was sick as hell, I wouldn't feel right taking the prize knowing something like that was in the running." She said and Logan smiled, his face tinting pink.

"You think so?"

"Yeah, it was beautiful, I love watercolor art, but oils are my thing." She said with a shrug.

"I guess watercolor is just easier to work with for me, oils take so long to dry." He said and she nodded.

"It's the blessing and curse of working with them." She said and he smiled a little before looking back to the cash register.

"Oh, do you want a receipt?" He asked and she shook her head so he pressed a button on the credit card reader and he glanced up past her to see Gia walking and he sucked in a breath. "Then have a nice day." He said, bagging her paints and pencils for her.

"You too!" She said, giving a short wave as she left.

He watched Gia walk around the store, looking at different things. Her presence just made Logan tense. He wasn't sure what her problem was, maybe her parents were homophic, or she just liked being mean to people for no reason, he was thinking probably both. He still tried to be nice to her because he didn't believe being mean to people who were mean to him was the answer, even if sometimes he did snap a bit, but he knew she just wanted to get him to react. He tugged at his sleeve, staring at a thread that had come loose and he wondered if he could unravel the entire sweater with one string, not that he would, but he wanted to know if it was possible.