Chapter 28

A/N: Hello, followers, friends, and fools, it's your favorite Cactus back at it again bringing you the saddest gay shit in town. I actually have the next chapter like, half written so fingers crossed it'll be out tonight or tomorrow. I picked out This Will End by The Oh Hello's because I thought you guys just needed a new music reccomendation and it's really pretty. I used to think all Christian music was kind of shit until I found this band, oh my god, they're amazing and they don't even blast their beliefs if that's not what you're into, their music could be interpreted a ton of different ways, and you guys will probably enjoy it, so here you go. I hope you like the chapter and have an amazing day!

"Logan! So nice to see you here, but I'm sorry to say, I don't think we sell children's sizes." Gia said, a fake smile on her lips after she'd painted over all the disgust in her expression. Oliver glanced to her, then to Logan, a question.

"I was just saying hi to Oliver." He said, clutching his arm and Oliver smile a bit, politely.

"I didn't know you two knew eachother..did you turn him gay too?" She asked and Logan took a breath while Oliver's brow furrowed. "Or are your parents paying him to hang out with you."

"No- they're not, actually." Oliver said, abandoning any attempt at a smile altogether, crossing his arms. "And it's pretty unprofessional bringing your own personal vendettas and prejudices into work, I'm sure Marty would love to hear that you're bullying customers because they're gay." Oliver said and Gia's smile dropped. "I'll be back in twenty." He said coldly before he took Logan's hand, walking out of the store and to the art shop next door.

Logan stayed quiet, but a small, almost shy, smile tugged at his lips as Oliver walked out with him and through the rush of mall-goers into the much calmer shop. He liked the art store mostly because it was so soothing with the smell of acrylic paint and the abundance of supplies, but it also never had a big crowd, which was nice for Logan, who didn't like crowds at all, Needless to say, raves and frat parties were his worst nightmare.

"Thank you..for saying all that, she gets on my nerves." Logan said quietly once they were safely hidden away behind one of the shelves of sketchbooks away from the tasmanian devil in a mini skirt.

"Don't apologize, I couldn't just let someone get off saying something like that about you." Oliver said and Logan's smile grew just a bit. "How do you two know each other anyways?"

"I met her at Sy's New Year's party, she's his family friend or something, but she found out I have two dads and went on this long spiel about the gay agenda and asked if I'd have rather grown up with my mom around so I'd have a woman in my life and how the hell was I supposed to answer that?" He asked exasperatedly, flipping through a sketchbook to feel the pages.

"People like that are just out for a reaction, she wants to see you get mad or upset or hurt. I have no idea how you keep your cool around people like that." Internalizing it usually does the trick.

"I'm just a pacifist I guess." Logan said with a shrug and a little smile, picking out a sketchbook and some pens, throwing a handheld pencil sharpener into the basket, and Oliver glanced at it, his jaw tightening as he looked at Logan.

"I thought your dads stopped letting you get those." He said, referring to the pencil sharpener and Logan gave a small smile.

"Oli, I'm better than I was, I'm way past all that. I mean, come on, it's a pencil sharpener, I'm just getting it because the electric one is broken and I need a stand-in until I can find a new one." LiarLiar.

"As long as you're okay." Oliver said, taking a pack of sharpie markers off the shelf, checking the price, and then throwing them in the basket.

"I am."